1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm Superduke R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by panigale66, Oct 16, 2020.

1. New lid time, Orange is king :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Feels like that sometimes

• Like Like x 1
  3. HJC do quite a nice orange and blue

• Like Like x 1
  4. Do you think it’s all year round Bike and could you go on big tours on it?

5. That's my plan I've always had a big tourer but decided to give the super Duke a go I find it very comfortable and it's the absolute craic to ride but I'm a semi dwarf at 5,6 so I've plenty of space on most bikes I even got some bizarre kiwi luggage!!

DSC_0566.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. I did a 2000 mile trip up to and including the NC500 using Kriega drypacks (20 and 10 litres) - maybe not the most practical bike (Gen 2) to get there and back on, but great when there.

#26 Stanford, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. I did Nottingham to Germany, down the B500 and back again on my Sd1290 se and loved it

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. You’re really not helping my bank balance lol
    Cheers pal

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I’ve had a Tuono and SDR. I think the SDR was the better road bike, I took it on track and across Europe, loved it.

I bought a tall fly screen for my euro trip with a group of Sportsbikes, made a huge difference down the autobahn.

I also went for the full Akra system. Although pricy it was worth it, midrange punch and top end was significantly improved.

I’m currently looking for my next bike, really hoping the V2 Streetfighter is announced soon. Unfortunately the V4 does nothing for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. How many miles from a tank full riding on the road?

11. Are you sure if that’s kiwi luggage it isn’t a Hobbit’s tent? At 5’6 I’m sure you could sleep in it also....

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Isn’t the superduke gt a better option for a more touring orientated rider? Seems to get good reviews

13. I'm getting about 120 miles or 170 kms but if you push on she gets thirsty o_O

• Like Like x 1
  14. Have you seen the GT

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Yes I quite like it, each to their own I guess. Prefer the facelift 2019 model but funds may only only a 2017 model. I’d like the R but have a Scalpel for B lane blasting and fancy something with less and range having been spoiled by 200+ fuel range on my commuter.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Careful when you downshift..... 20201030_140231.jpg

• WTF WTF x 1
  17. Ouch, what happened there?

I had always had it down as a solid motor as it’s long standing platform, relatively low revving, and plenty of high-ish mile bikes about.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Maybe over revved on the down shift?

19. The bike is at a friends bike shop as ktm say one thing and the owner says another, so the owner wanted the engine opening for investigation.
    I was asked to have a look and i know WHAT happened but I guess it might be up to the lawyers to say WHY it happened. 38 miles on the clock.....

20. 38 miles and there’s a question?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information