1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm Superduke R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by panigale66, Oct 16, 2020.

1. There is a disagreement as to the sequence of events. But ktm can check the engine parameters prior to the failure......

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. One of the reasons I tend to stick to the manufacturer's running-in guidelines is I'm not sure if any relevant data is logged that they could check in the event of a significant failure.
    Besides which, whatever the reason for the failure, shit happens even to new bikes from other brands.

3. Deposit put down on this one

20A73311-8BA9-4696-AAF7-664A8F23E50B.png

• Like Like x 5
  4. Considering a SDR or a GT come April, trying to decide if I’ll be touring or hooning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. If the GT actually has the suspension sorted, then it is more than capable of hooning. So why be restricted?

6. I prefer range AFAIK the GT holds around 21 litres, however the SDR looks better.

7. I did 6k in 4 months on a 2017 GT. A great bike just waiting to be sorted out, suspension “was” an issue on mine.

Maybe back on the radar when myGS gets tired. Meanwhile got the GS and the 1200r so feeling well sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's reported a new 2021 Superduke GT will be announced on 26/01/21, deposit already down , can't wait !!!

Updated suspension, TFT, electronics, stylema brakes, frame and engine from SDR, allegedly :cool::p

Also a new Adventure S with adaptive cruise control and other upgrades.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Still waiting to pick mine up bloody self isolating at the moment!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thinking of getting one of these... It seems to do it all... It’d be ace round Cadwell or Donington too. Rock up, have a thrash and be home in time for tea and medals!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Damn sight cheaper than a V4SF and with a proper lump too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I do miss a ridiculous v-twin :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thought I would chip in on this one. I was in the market for a "road bike" last year and I'll be honest the SFV4S does nothing for me, at the bike show bits were falling off, the god awful pointless wings I was really disappointed. I'm sure it's an immense bike but I couldn't justify the £££ given my initial impressions.

However I've always been a KTM fan, love their go anywhere do anything attitude, I've had a few dirtbikes and also a 950SM many years ago, which to this day was the most fun I've had on the road, so I've always had an eye in the KTM camp. The new version of the beast (Gen3) immediately ticked the box and around Sept last year I bought a blue/orange one.... Managing to get the all important tech pack and heated grips in the price.

So far I've done around 700 miles, just having its first service the back end of last year. I've spent some coin on it but not a ridiculous amount - Evotech tail tidy, rad guard, PPF, clear clutch cover, pillion seat cover, bar end mirrors, dropped one tooth on the front sprocket, AR end can.

It's in for a recall in a couple of weeks, there's been a few ECU updates and this recall is for a potential loom issue, there's a video on-line where one bursts into flames, saying that the guys clearly messed with the loom as it's got no indicators etc. The 2021 model has addressed the loom, no other real changes, flick of orange on one of the rear wheel spokes and a new heatshield on the cat for some reason

So what's it been like so far, the good the bad etc...

Well in all honesty it's pretty much all good, the engine is a peach, buttery smooth for a twin around town and immense grunt (140nm) it's possibly the best V-Twin engine for the road I've experienced. Ergonomics are great, wide bars, comfy seat, some people have switched to the comfort seat but I've done 300 miles without issue. The dash is big, clear and full of info, probably not quite on par with the SF dash , but I tend to look where I'm going. The Gen3 also gets a rear linkage and the latest WP suspension front and rear, all fully adjustable (base settings for road, track, comfort on a sticker under the seat). It's good, the rear is a bit harsh for me, but I intend to take it in and have a pro have a tinker.

Other stuff to mention, everything seems to be adjustable... You can move the rearsets to another position (5 min job), you can also switch from road to race shift (10 min job) and also have the option for a short throw for gear changes, I moved to race shift and the short throw, but downshifts seemed pretty tricky, so switched back to the long throw and that's it sorted... oh BTW the Q/S again is amazing on this bike. You can adjust the bars (I've moved them back), and you can alter the angle of the dash easily.

Other things to note are it's keyless ignition (but you need the key to get under the seat), electronic filler cap and steering lock as standard, cruise control works, the heated grips (optional) work well and on the right hand switchgear you've got 2 customisable buttons to quickly navigate the menus on the fly to what you want, I have heated grips and rider modes. Like most modern bikes it's got multiple rider modes, different engine, throttle, braking settings, traction, wheelie control the usual stuff.

My only gripe so far would be the indicators, the button specifically it's kind of a weird shape and feel, I'm never too sure whether I've turned them on or not, it does has auto cancel thought which is a nice touch.

All in all I'm 100% happy so far, it's a great bike, chuckable, fun, mentally fast, smiles for miles, comfy, looks the part (in my eyes) and 5K cheaper than the SF.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Likewise, for me the KTM looks like a shit meccano job, has Lada build quality and looks like a Mohican helmet attachment should be mandatory if you ride one.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Peach of a bike and engine the v-twin is far superior than any of my Ducati's and I love them! The gen 3 is the most fun on 2 wheels I've ever had :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gen1 and Gen2 yes I'd agree, but the Gen3 has barely any frame on show as the engine is a stressed member, and the tail on the Gen3 is composite (no scaffolding) so looks very good.

There's a limited RR version about to be launched with a revised tail from the spy shots, think it may only be a single seater though.

#57 Freak, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  17. I couldn't give a flying F##k what anybody thinks of my ktm o_O as a Ducati rider I've got used to people taring me with c##t brush anyway!! Screenshot_20210208-161446.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Love it!!

Wrong colour though :)

19. Strokes for folks bud!! I love the navy too!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information