1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm Superduke R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by panigale66, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Sounds a lot deeper, still has the exhaust valve (currently), you can get a healtech plug-in module (£35) to disable the servo (the flap stays open by default), so I might just plug that in and leave the servo and cables in place.

The AR full system looks incredible with the upper pipe, which you can remove and block off to allow for pillions. I think they do 2 versions one has a resonator box and you can use the existing map, the other is straight pipes but will require a map which AR don't do, I think you can use the Akra full system map but I'm not going to stick a full system on so not really looked into it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Lighter wheels, Akra road legal end can, think it has different forks/shock also, plus a load of carbon and stuff from the KTM Power Parts catalogue, nothing you can't buy yourself anyways. No extra ponies though.

Personally I'd buy a stock one an add the bling you want, the road legal Akra looks terrible IMO and it's not cheap so I'd be swapping that instantly anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. So. Fitted the pillion seat and wish I hadn’t bothered. Can’t get the thing off now. Any magic KTM tricks I’m missing??

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have a ktm 790, but seriously considering buying a litre plus bike. I prefer the older White specced SDR there are a couple on evilbay think it’s the SE version.

this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-66-...217017?hash=item23deb45ab9:g:vNkAAOSw-5dgS9Nv

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Well. Had my first proper blast on the beast today. Fantastic bike!!

A couple of riders shot past me so I decided to stitch on for while. Not road ridden for years so it was a babtism of fire. F**k me, did these guys go! It was weird and mildly scary to see the hedges, trees and fields whizzing by in a blur :astonished: Enjoyed it though.

What tyres are you lads using? I’ve got Metzeler Sportec M7’s on. The rear seemed ok but I nearly tucked the front into a corner. Had to release the brake and run a tad wide. No drama but I thought grip was a bit wank.

Can’t remember what my V4S came with OE but they were a lot better...

• Like Like x 1
  6. I had the same tyres on mine and found them really good. The front end could feel a bit overwhelmed at times and I put that down to the suspension rather than the tyres - once I had the bike set up for my weight is was better, but no preload adjustability on the front was always going to be a limiting factor :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. No adj fork preload? That's pretty shit.
    Do the fork caps from the power parts catalogue for the dirt bikes fit?
    If not, back to spacers in an old school stylie.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I stuck a set of Bridgestone S22 on my Tuono, they have been brilliant, great in the wet and you can eally lean on them when needed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Hmmm, some good points on here re suspension set up and tyres. I fancy having a ride over to Cadwell for TD. I’ll get the suspension set up there and fit appropriate tyres if needs be. Fuken hate binning deep treaded tyres though.... :mad:

10. The Gen3 comes with S22's as standard, well S22 SDR...

They seem pretty good so far. As has been said it's not going to be as focused as a superbike, longer fork travel, and obviously it's not been setup for you yet.

I've been wanting to get my into a suspension guy but lockdown is delaying that, plus it's not like I can ride it for leisure until next week I believe.

11. It is. I looked at this but preferred the colour and mods on mine. I think a new system alone (essential imo) would have cost me £2k. Plus on mine the qs and blipper is unlocked and they adapted to race shift for me. 2k miles and fsh. Looked brand new....

12. It would appear so Ithought the 2018 must have been a typo in the description box.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information