1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm Superduke R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by panigale66, Oct 16, 2020.

1. AFAIK it was the RC8 that had issues not the SDR.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Having owned a Gen3 since the latter half of last year (9 months or so), and considering the cost compared to it's rivals I think it's well up there in terms of fit/finish, yes it probably isn't quite on par with a SFV4S, but I can live with that and have 4K in my back pocket.

Reliability wise, I think I've listed some niggles I've had but nothing I didn't sort myself without breaking a sweat. It's a new bike so there's been a few recalls (like every new bike I've owned), but my dealer has been excellent so far.

I was only discussing this yesterday, I don't think there's another road bike I'd own and I really want to see what it will do on track, I think it would shock a few people just how capable it is.

By comparison my 1299S hasn't turned a wheel in nearly 12 months, just sat in the garage desperate for some Euro TD fun. It would have been replaced by now if it wasn't for Covid, but it's saved me 20K+ to move to a V4SP/R etc.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Will let you know once I’m back. Unsure of what settings are on it but due back early August.

First thing I did was turn AWM off and fucked off into the sunset, pulling a fat one getting a wanker sign from a tractor driver. Made my day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Do it. Properly good crack and it just makes you giggle like a naughty teenager.

It’s fast enough and to be honest, even at 35, for comedy value, I should have kept sportsbikes only for the track and super nakeds for grin factor/road.

I’m a sportsbike nut through and through, even after having a V4 Tuono but I think now, I will never have a sportsbike for the road again.

100hp is enough for the road, so why the hell do I need over 200+hp! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. My only gripe with a bike that is demonic on the road is the switch gear, it is shite and feels very vague other than that I absolutely love mine!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Have to disagree a little there like. I've been reading up on them and lurking forums etc for a few months now researching a purchase
    in earnest. Not by any particular gen, there seems to be reasonably common probs with collapsing sssa hub brgs, radiator failures at the mounts a la 848/1098, multitudes of electrical faults especially on the newest model, regular failures of bar switchgear as well as motor failures which always seem to be blamed on exhausts and decatting.
    Filtering it all, I would probs go gen1 or 2 for higher reliability.

7. Blimey! I've bought a right bag of shite :laughing:

Mines a gen 2 MY2017 I think. The 1st owner banged a Akrapovic full Ti system on it with integral 'sports' cats. Maybe he's heard of 'decatting' issues. I've heard of this before but with Porsche. Not OE cats but aftermarket. Can turn out expensive :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. All gens have had rad failures, seemingly it's because we're all pulling 3rd gear mingers :)

The only electrical fault that causes issues is the MTC failure, which relates to the exhaust servo, but there was a recall for that... but it's an easy fix by installing the healtech servo delete. Switchgear I've seen a few but again mines been fine. Not seen a motor failure on a Gen3 yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Was thinking of replacing the Austin Racing V3 pipe.

Coming from the V4S with a Full Termi 4Uscite system, which was just ridiculous, I think the SDR sounds a bit meh.

Is the full Akro system with a map worth it?

10. That was round about the time my mate had one. Maybe a couple of years earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  11. How much are they? Bought mine with it. It’s got a sports cat fitted apparently. So probably a 100 cell job as opposed to the OE 200 cell. As long as it gets through the emissions test at MOT time, I’m not fussed.

It certainly looks nicely finished and sounds good. Not too loud, like the V4S. I did a track day at Cadwell and they told me it was bang on 105db @ 5k revs. Didn’t think it was that loud myself.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Without shopping around, looks around £2,316 if I remember correctly plus fitting.

105db is good.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The full akra comes with a map, it's the only system that does and no one seemingly has been able to hack the ECU yet for any other full systems, you could go down a 3rd party route - Bazzazz/PC etc.

However the full akra is a race system and the map checks to see if the indicators are connected, if they are the bike won't start. There is however a workaround for this - available on eBay.

• Useful Useful x 2
  14. Pikes Peak

• Like Like x 2
  15. So wanting some more stopping power.

What pads, lines, MC, etc would people recommend before changing the calipers?

I’m so out of the game, I wouldn’t know where to start.

16. Z04 pads for a kick off. First time I used them I nearly locked the front and went over the bars! Had to totally recalibrate my brake squeezage....

They're expensive but definitely next level in terms of performance. You'll notice an instant improvement.

• Like Like x 2
  17. It's a Gen3 right, well you have the same calipers that are on Pani V4's so there's nothing wrong with them. Personally I don't have an issue with braking, but pads would be my first shout. Z04's have been mentioned which are amazing, but I think they're track focused???

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. They are track focused but it’s not like you need a zillion degrees C into them before they work. They bite hard from the get go.

• Useful Useful x 2
  19. I don’t care about cloning as I can prove it’s sat in a locked garage for 320 days of the year....

My humour is childish and I don’t care, haha!

72B0624F-F768-4CA3-B1E5-3741F755363F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  20. Would this pipe be ok for trackdays?

To me, it’s very quiet but I have come from a loud V4S.

CC17CE46-314A-40B6-B0F9-5CCE5915C134.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information