1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laid Up Insurance - Feb 2018 Quotes...

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Exige, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Been ringing around today for the new bike and thought it might interest some as the subject has raise itself before:

I tried the main culprits and had surprisingly different prices from 2 of the main laid up / classic insurers - others falling somewhere in between but no where near the best quote below.

1098R Troy Bayliss with all mods listed to it's current race bike specification.

Valued at £14500 (what I paid but will up it next year to a more realistic level) Kept in the House or Log Cabin Garage - both Secure and Alarmed.

Adrian Flux:
    £400
    with £1000 Excess (No cover while away from the house - needs Sold Secure Locks also)

Footman James:
    £123
    with £100 Excess (Full cover while away from the house - at show's / away for work & or service etc no additional locks required)

Might be of use to some, very happy with the deal from FJ :)

Amendment to the above post :

I have just spend a few weeks comparing the market having put together a detailed Power Point showing my extensive security. Note: none of the bikes have trackers or alarms fitted and none are shackled to the floor. They are kept either in a Log Cabin Garage (insurer listed as such and not a shed like Creamies) or in the bike room in the house.
    Cover is Fire / Theft / Malicious and Accidental Damage including transit to shows / workshops etc and agreed value totaling £105,000.

Big thanks to Footman James and Be Moto for spending the time to quote and both coming up with equally competitive quotes: £760 and £765 respectively.

This was for the following:

999R
    999R Fila
    1098R
    1098R Bayliss
    996R
    ZXR750K1 limited homologation bike
    GSX-R750LE limited homologation bike

I went with Footman James as there quote had lower excess between £50 and £200 where Be Moto were at £500 for each bike.

Anyone needing laid up insurance give both these a try - couldn't find anyone else anywhere near...

#1 Exige, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Log cabin, you mean shed?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. PM Sent :bucktooth:

4. Stu,,Excellent very helpful,once again insurance is a lottery for the person/post code/bike/value,,,it pays to shop around every year and dont except the first quote you receive!:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

5. They were £250ish :)

6. Creamy's after resto shed :eek: - you get me mixed up Mr Rat Infested brick shit hole Geezer o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. can we make an official ranking and top 10 list or so on the forum , if members get quotes, fill in and might make it easier to see who ( in general ) provides the best quotes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. forum discount on insurance would be nice idea too lol

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Forums own insurance underwritten by El T (he's wadded) :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Underwritten by a Yorkshireman (Adopted) :worried: Check the small print on paying out in the event of a claim. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. If only I was a penny behind you :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. :sob:
    Anyway, scratch that idea, you'd only get richer still :eek:

13. that's an excellent idea, but to keep it fair, ( he is so wealthy that he likes to keep the rates really low for all his followers) you can only insure a maximum of 10 bikes through El T Ducati insurance Ltd, so that is a bit of a problem for you @Exige , you need to find alternatives for the other 138 bikes lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Still waaaayyy behind @Chris o_O

15. some will need TLC:D
    China-High-Emission-Car-Graveyard-Motorbike-Collection.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I know a man... :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. Back on track for a sec
    Footman James just sent my renewal for my '72 Honda St70
    Up from £75 to £94
    It is modified and they are declared

Exige I will be servicing shortly when I change the air filter I will see if there's any 1098r's in there this year you can have the bits:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information