1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lap Timers

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Cream_Revenge, May 15, 2019.

1. It's waterproof so no blood should get on the phone at least :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. I should have it up and running by Silverstone so I'll get your opinion.

3. And never answer the phone while you're ironing :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I have the original 5hz one in the garage in a box. Works OK for trackdays and you can just leave it on all day.

Software isn't available for mac..

5. Put the phone under the seat or somewhere that to won't likely get destroyed if you bin it. Not in your jacket...

The one you have bought is OK but good luck getting it to connect to the phone...mine never would!

6. Starlane gps4 F099E46D-57D6-4744-AFFF-C2D92FA9B1D1.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Because you didn’t convert your bike to left-hand drive, hence the inaccuracy when you ride it over here. Amateur! :yum

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

8. Accurate. It’s had a few quid spent on it now o_O

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looks neater than the orthapeadic shoe that is the Aim Solo that I have. Is it accurate?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Looks good, seems good value and is also expandable (extra module) with inputs for data acquisition. Looks simple to use? Might go this route.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Starlane stealth GPS, small and easy to use. Timing gear is of course not permitted at track days, but I have never been challenged in the UK or abroad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. My concern about having a timer I can see the time each lap is I'll just keep going a bit quicker till I launch it like a kid playing scaletrix.

13. You won’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mine is pretty much bang on with the TSL times at the race meets. Virtually nothing in it. My favourite feature is the fastest sector light which goes red when you’re on a hot one. Really helps you understand when you are getting it right.

The bracket is from Kelfab (highly recommended and not expensive)

Takes 10 minutes to fit all in, in my opinion :)

Software is pretty good as well

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Yes mate, once you’re used to it it’s a piece of cake. Happy to do a video on basic use if it helps :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Thanks for the kind offer. I think I'm good. I've had a quick read of the website, seems pretty simple on that version. Would have probably gone AIM before you posted. Seems good value.

Most the cars I've had, it was all built in via the race dash, not a cheap route.

• Like Like x 1
  17. He might.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The app is basic but nice and accessible on the starlane that @Advikaz has. My vote would be for the Aim Solo DL2 due to the data and expandability of it. You can buy a bike harness to connect it to the bikes Can Bus and pick up all the data such as RPM, gear, speed, etc and use the full fat Aim Race studio software to analyse it. Only a couple of years back you had to spend thousands of pounds to get this. It takes a little bit of study or someone who knows how to interpret it but it is extremely useful for improving your riding if you have the motivation to get into it. The system is more expensive but if you compare what you get to the basic GPS signal on the cheaper laptimers it's well worthwhile. If you just want a lap timer on the bike then I guess no need to spend the cash...

• Like Like x 2
  19. He wont.
    ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information