1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lap Timing

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Sep 17, 2018.

1. My mate uses race chrono on his iPhone and doesn't need the receiver. I have used it in the past on a cheap android phone with the GPS receiver you have shown and it worked perfectly.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Cheers, think I'll give it a go before shelling out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 16.27.56.png

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. The problem with Phone GPS is it only refreshes once per second, which although doesn't sound like much, will mean it throws up all sorts of weird numbers and traces - Although will be accurate occasionally.
    If you are going to use a phone, please please please don't have it in your inside pocket as I've seen the result of someone crashing with one in their pocket, and the sharp bits of metal and glass made a right mess, and the chap nearly bled to death on the side of the track

• WTF WTF x 2
  5. The telemetry doesn't work from the mobile, its its a gps transponder on the bike and can link up with multiple go pros and then can be played back by an app or computer i haven't looked into it completely but i sure thats how it works

6. I always put my phone in my breast pocket!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. I use an aim solo, really interesting telemetry knows where you are on what track, loads of gizmos to play with throttle position split times on the lap etc etc

Do Not Sell My Personal Information