1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Late 2016 R Vs 2018 S

Discussion in 'Monster' started by dubcat, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Been there, done that :(. Let's hope it goes well.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The deal is DONE! I pick her up on Friday.

So fella's .. i've got between now and Friday to figure out what I tell the Mrs :)

I test drove a monster s.. my first time on one. Love it. Imagine the R will be the same or better so i'm super happy.

3. You won't regret it ,
    It took me a few weeks to come back down to earth after getting mine, exciting times .

• Like Like x 1
  4. It’ll take him a few weeks to come down to Earth when his wife kicks him up the arse! :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Option 1. "I'm just looking after it for a friend for a while" - continue this pretence until she too falls in love with it and suggests you should buy it, after all you've been looking for one for ages.:)

Option 2. Take her out for a nice meal and make sure she gets a bit squiffy then drop it into the conversation but remind her you did tell her ages ago and she agreed but must have forgotten.o_O

Option 3. Emigrate....with the bike.:eek:

Option 4. Just be man about it. Tell it straight and face the consequences. :upyeah: An old adage (often used by many despots and dictators around the world) is "it's better/easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission".

Personally I'd go for 4 (I did), she wasn't best pleased and still brings it up occasionally :(, but, hey ho, the M1100S is in the garage:D I can always go out on it for a while until she cools off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. You missed option 5 - Tell her it's your money and you can do with it whatever you want. She'll agree and understand completely :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ah but.....that doesn't exist in our house unfortunately.
    I'm sure one of our (her) wedding vows was
    "What's yours is mine and what's mine is my own". :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. If the response is “Shut the door behind you on the way out; you’ll be hearing from my lawyers”, she probably wasn’t a keeper anyway.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Hahaha some EXCELLENT replies here! :)

10. To be honest, none of them matter. My missus didn't talk to me for two weeks after I bought the 1199... You'll be wrong whatever happens, but you'll be happy... The old "better to ask for forgiveness than permission" doesn't wash either....:triumph:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Just sayin....
    upload_2019-4-25_10-59-28.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Option 5 works for me. As long as I saved for it. My bike money stays bike money and its just accumulated over the years.

13. Hmm what about the lying about the price option?

• Like Like x 1
  14. upload_2019-4-25_19-31-40.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. A funny little side note is when i had organised for a few of us to go to the TT for two weeks,

My mate was so worried what his missus would say ,he left it to the last evening and told her then !

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. A mate of mine used to buy the same colour bike so his wife didn’t notice, Ducati red obviously.
    He used to tell her he was taking his for a service and come back with the new one.
    Backfired as his oldest son grew. We had been to Ducati Glasgow and brought the bike back and as we wheeled his ‘newly serviced’ bike out the van his son came out with ‘ Dad that’s not your bike’
    I left as ww3 erupted !

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I waited till she was busy doing her makeup while I was rushing her to the train station. I quietly said that I’m going to trade in my bike. Dates and prices were not discussed; she may or may not have heard me :)

Anyway, I lost my bottle a little later on and came clean. She erupted. I'm still in hiding.

• Funny Funny x 6
  18. When you're finally speaking again, tell her this one is slower and therefore safer and should she wish to ride pillion, and you'd love to share it with her, its so very much more comfortable than the 848. :)

That's what I did. Mind you she's still not got on the back yet and I find myself going faster on the Monster than my 748 :confused: (but ssshhh, don't tell :p)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I think she'd prefer it if it was faster and less safe :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. At the moment perhaps but she’ll come round
    hopefully :)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information