1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lazy Cow Of A Bike

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by cookster, Aug 6, 2017.

1. hi guys not sure if anyone feels the same, but my 1198 seems to be hard work for the first 45 minutes of a ride untill she has really warmed up properly, wont handle very well, lumpy engine just not very pleasent to ride, but once she has warmed and woken up shes an absolute joy, nimble smooth and i love it. Seems the harder and faster you ride a ducati the better they get. Or is it just me??

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. How old is it and have you done any mods to it?

3. Probably the colour :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. 2010 base 1198, ohlins rear ttx, remapped race ecu, full termi 70mm exhaust, S machesini wheels.

5. I find that with my 899, and people say it's not a difficult bike to ride. Feels like everything needs to warm up before it flows properly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. @camelfarmer thats what i mean it doesnt flow untill shes warm.

7. You sure it's the bike, mate? :thinkingface::)

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. @bettes yeah mate its strange, usually the ride back or coming up to the end of the ride is the most enjoyable, bike just feels so much more nimble and planted, i know it sounds nuts but i get back and almost wana go back out again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 1st ride on 996 today in 2 1/2 months. Started first press but kept trying to die when throttle revved slightly. First 45 mins I didn't like her at all, everything was stiff, hard and uncomfortable. Was thinking what an awful machine compared to 999. Seriously thinking of retiring her...... Stopped at Super Sausage for cuppa and chat, ride back was different gravy! Bike started to "work" and we gelled again. I think she was just in a mood with me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. How long ago was the re map cookster and have you added anything since?

11. Handling wise could it be that the suspension oils have quite literally warmed up, therefore the suspension is working more freely?

Probably the same with the engine id suspect, when things are warm throttle response is probably smoother

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Both bike and rider take a while to warm up. The first session on a track day is an assault on the senses! :weary_face:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. You need to employ someone to take it out for an hour or so before you, I'm available.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. What he said ^^ can take the rider a bit to get into it, especially as it's so different from his other rides

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. @noobie it was mapped about 5 months ago and not done anything since other than new tyres and oil and filter change.

16. @bradders your right mate it is totally different to the rest of the fleet. I forgot how bloody quick the 1198 is after riding my r1 for a couple of months.

17. Everything needs to warm up including you!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Just wondering, If the bike has been pretty much rested up so shortly after the re-map, if the re-map was effective? Personally I would contact the people who did it for you, explain you put your baby to sleep shortly after getting it done and now it's a bit iffy. I suspect given it was only a few months ago that they will say bring it back and we'll have a look.

Nothing to lose by a quick call and chat

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. If I was god I would make it so that when a chap reached a certain age ones body would automatically produce ibuprofen and morphia.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information