1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lazy Cow Of A Bike

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by cookster, Aug 6, 2017.

1. @Nelson

The human body is a miraculous thing, it's perfectly capable of manufacturing the purest of pharmaceuticals all by itself!
    I ain't kidding either, read some books by neuro scientists such as 'Molecules of Emotion' by Candice Pert.

Candice Pert is a research Professor in the dept of Physiology and Biophysics at Georgetown University Medical center Washington D.C

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mine's faulty then :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Most of us are Nelson

Worth investigating how you might be able to reprogram the software though!

4. id love to get remapped, make me go faster.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Ah, the joys of the 1198. I really do miss mine. But I often felt the same symptoms as you and I put it down to this. When you fire up the 1198, its like a big puppy and is ready from the off. You on the other hand are an old bastard, with your own livening up period. It takes time to get into the swing of the ruthless insane bastard. Mine had 170rwbhp and 98rwftlbs. It didnt want to do easy listening. It wanted black sabbath at 11 as soon as you fired her up. This takes some getting used to. The 1198 is an absolute beast and probably only a 1098R would be worse, but Ive never ridden one so cant compare.

I ride with a 07 R1 guy and despite him thinking his R1 is quick, it aint. The 11 would crawl all over its back wheel and climb over him on corner exit if I allowed it. Nothing like the stomp of an 11 on a corner exit. Well, nothing ive ridden is prob more accurate.

Goddamned 1299S is so civil at 30mph I often wonder if its working properly. (put her in race mode yesterday and cracked throttle wide open, dear god holy mother of shit, helllllppppp.....yes shes working. Switch back to road mode and change pants, best do this on an A road and not the B2176 nr Penshurst. This note is for the Monster guy outside the pub who may have seen a red flash go by with a twat hanging on for dear life, fuck me Jekyll and Hyde or what)

CJS can turn it into a real beast if you want. This will leave you feeling even more like your asleep at the beginning that you were before.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Werd

7. @bootsam cjs did the mapping on my 1198 matey, I know it was 171 bhp but can't remember the torque it's quite a lot though. But yes our right they are bonkers bikes!! I'd like to try a 1299 but scared I'll like it to much!

8. If I am truly honest cookie, I prefer the 1198. It feels more Ducati. The 1299 is sanitised in road mode. Easy to ride. It could be a jap bike its so efficient. In Race mode it felt like a ducati, scarey as fuck but I couldnt use it in this mode and make honest declarations on my life insurance policy.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Get to a doctor next time it happens! Low blood sugar, eat donuts as you ride, beers good to

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ducbird whats the next plan? you going to get a bike?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. you mean Rigor Morphia, like Rigor Mortis? yes going to happen got any spare?
    steroids? ibuprofen? Ducati-ecstasy>>> even came out red
    Pal you got a supply of illegal morphine there? you producing?
    got a lab there? you right on? big in gardening, flower garden???
    red flowers?? love it

Whats a face palm?
    like some SOB bitch-slapping you why they do that to each other??
    tell me
    ok sorry i upset you? means, "you really said that", WTF? meant only to be a joke, I will tell them (those who come) i didnt meant it was joking

#31 breakout998, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. One day not right at this minute :)

13. I guess you know this already but the engine needs to be up to proper working temp as does the suspension oil, the brakes, tyres, drivetrain oh and as has been mentioned, you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Amen :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
  15. i keep coming up with different ideas about what to do with my bikes :thinkingface:

both ducati's would make great track bikes but both are far to pretty for full time track work.

16. Choose the most powerful then start looking for a cheap fugly used tank, seat, fairing panels, etc, etc, for it and get the correct crash protection bungs for both axles and the frame and some replaceable-tube clip ons (eg Renthal etc) keep all the nice stuff to put back on at sale time or Christmas:upyeah:

The fairing my track bike wears cost £28 from eBay and probably looks like it too, perfect :cool:

17. Errrr ride the bloody things to stop them being slow :D

How's that beautiful little girl

18. @Ducbird yeah shes good thanks viv, 3 weeks old now!!

19. Where does that time go!!!!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information