1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legalities Of Transferring A Frame Number...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by comfysofa, May 25, 2020.

1. Yeah - he found this....think hes going to go ahead and buy the newer frame...i did suggest keeping/cutting the old headstock out With the frame number to prove he owned the previous frame...

2. Like I said, avoid involving the DVLA

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Right at the beginning, the OP said it was an enquiry relating to an old Z...I get that newer bike frames may still be available, but where would you find an old Z frame with no numbers ?

If he can find a Z650 frame the same mind, give me a nudge. :) I need to get mine powder coated and its easier to swap bits to a new pc'd frame, rather than strip, store and rebuild on to the original ;)

I dont want the hassle of changing reg numbers either

4. Many years ago, back in the'80s a friend and I came up with a plan to put a TZ750 on the road. We used a YR5 350 that we owned and sent off the logbook with a request to change the frame number allegedly because we had changed the frame. The number we supplied to DVLA was the one on his TZ750 and a couple of weeks later back came the logbook with the new (TZ750) frame number. No questions or queries from the authorities.
    The next part of the plan was to send off for a change of engine capacity and number - instant race bike registered and on the road. We never did get round to part 2 of the plan due to feeling it would be wise to wait a while and sadly life took new directions for us both so it went by the wayside. Both bikes are still owned by us so maybe we will try completing the plan one day.
    In this day and age it may not be as easy to do, or would it? :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information