1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legally An Adult

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Denbighshire crash pair locked up after causing teen's death

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51766292

If you are old enough to drive at 17, how come you are still considered a child? So, you can kill someone but not be named for legal reasons. But if stopped by a copper, you cannot say, "I don't have to give you my name for I am a child and therefore I am nameless!"

In our pussy society, I think you should be an adult at 17. After all, you can get married....

2. Marriage for seventeen yearolds is allowed only with parental permission.

Anyone who acts in the way these boys were is clearly not an adult?

3. Yes, anybody who acts this way is not acting as an adult but people not acting as an adult does not mean that they should be tried as a child under law. People much older than 18 do not behave as adults!

4. So the law which is reflecting what society feels to be correct for seventeen yearolds is correct unless it involves punishment?

They can't drink alcohol, marry, vote. leave school (*effectively) fight for our country, but they should be recieving adult prison sentences. That doesn't sound fair...

5. High streets are full of 35 yr old people not acting like adults.

Can’t understand why you can’t name them either

6. Fair point. But they can marry (with parents' permission) and drive...as a child???

Do Not Sell My Personal Information