1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leicester City Helicopter Crash.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Oct 28, 2018.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. Awful

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ten people died nearly five years ago in the Clutha Bar Glasgow, Police Helicopter crash

Police helicopters are maintained to the highest standards and cost a fortune to run, and a pilot error was blamed for it going down

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Glasgow_helicopter_crash

Sympathies to all those affected by what happened at Leicester yesterday - truly awful

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I read this last night on FB
    Sad news RIP

4. Very sad :(, if I had all the money in the world I would still shy away from that particular privilege...

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. That was shocking too, I was near by the day before as had been working at Clydebank shopping centre for two nights putting up the Christmas lights as I always used to do, I thought it was a fuel reader issue hence grounding identical choppers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Rip to all, helicopters really are not for me but imagine they are great fun, hislop loved em and McRae

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Really very sad. RIP.

8. Agree. I've never been in one and never would, whatever my circumstances. :(

9. If you work offshore I don’t think you have any choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I did nearly add, that a mate of a mate quit a very lucrative career in the North Sea to avoid the things. :( He now works in the middle east. o_O Out of the frying pan...............

11. Once they get used to the money they just follow it no matter what the potential issues may be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. To be fair the earnings offshore are for a reason, it's a risk job but rewards are high compared to on the beach.

13. When I did rope access I was very close to going out a few winters back and I would have gone if it had come off, I'm glad it didn't come off though, I have known many who go rope access offshore mostly Scottish lads, tough bunch the Scots though.

14. Very sad. Doesn’t look good for the occupants.

My two lads were at the match yesterday. Glad to see them back.

15. Mathew Harding didn't survive a post match 'copter crash either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Also Barry Sheene - but his death was caused by something quite different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Never trust an aircraft where the wings move faster than the fuselage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. It's when they start moving slower that you have issues. :(

19. Aeroplanes use nature and physics to fly, helicopters beat the living daylights out of both of them... :dizzy:

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information