1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Let's Hope It Goes This Time!

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by canaryman, May 16, 2019.

1. There we go, looks like you now have found the right price. Always positive if someone is willing to travel some distance. Hope everything goes well, best of luck.

2. Thanks Chris, much appreciated. As of now, I've heard nothing back from the first guy despite send the extra pics, even left him a message asking him to ring me, mmm the only question he asked was had it been used as a track bike!!...the second guy Andy sounds more promising, he already owns 2 other Ducatis, plus he's having a timber framed sort of display facility built to house his collection. I'm seriously thinking of giving the first guy one more call and if no joy then dealing solely with buyer number 2...I can't hang around for ever:)

3. Spoke with potential buyer number 1, who hasn't even looked at the extra pics I sent him earlier!...so it's a NO from me for buyer number 1....spoke with Andy potential buyer number 2, he's now coming down on Tuesday between 12 and 1 to view the bike. I did inform number 1 about what was happening and he's ok with the arrangement, mmm wonder if he was really serious about the bike?

4. Just remember its your bike until money crosses the palms of your hands, so always keep an open mind. I've had so many potential buyers, some who have even paid deposits and still messed me about. No love lost when selling a bike, its just business. Normally if someone is willing travel a fair distance its a huge plus sign. If he is wanting this bike as a kind of display bike, then yours would fit the bill, low mileage so presume in good nick...that puts a different perspective on the type of potential buyers mind which you can use to your advantage.

#24 Chris.King1, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I think a degree of caution is required here. It's human nature I suppose to get excited at the thought of actually selling the bike, although I suppose it works both ways in terms of both the seller and the buyer.....I'll let you know how things pan out on Tuesdayo_O

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not sure if you are aware but there are pics on Autotrader, it's the only private 998 listed, well it was last time I looked

7. I’d not completely reject the 1st interested party, you need to keep them both on the boil, play them off against one another, that’s what they’ll be doing to you anyway. Don’t diss any potential buyer until you have cash in your hand/bank. GLWS

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Just be mindful that people could be reading this and dont get too excited yet... play a long game until the deal is sealed and cash in the bank.
    i simply think its price and with a sticker price of 8.5 you should be prepared to settle for 8. if you dont want to sell for that i would pull if from the market as thats what i would pay if i was looking for one today and im not a bottom feeder (i was for the 748r though)

9. this one didnt find a buyer and was up for 9250 or BIN and its a 998s

10. it's only right when its sold... all academic until then innit!

11. Yes, but you can gauge the market in recently sold bikes of the same type when they have auctioned and sold :thinkingface: and the purpose was to give the seller some info that might help his negotiations :)

12. i think post 13 hit the nail on the head...

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information