1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Lets Talk Frame Sliders Again....

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by pcn1, Jul 18, 2021.

1. From my virtually static topple the bobbin is fine, just such a light mark I can't notice it unless I crouch down and look, and I know the spot. In a drop at speed I would be expecting to replace the nylon bobbin, and praying that the rest of it doesn't bend/do any other damage, though that would be the case with any other crash protection.

Spare bobbins are £17 each from Evotech.

2. Until this point I never liked the look of bars on a Multistrada. To me it was a kind of GS or KTM Adventure bike look and the Multi is more a road sporty bike (to me anyway)
    But those don't look too bad on your bike in this picture, maybe its the decals behind that help. So I've ordered a set up myself :cool:
    When they arrive I can try both the Evotech Sliders and these bars on, and keep the one I like the look of best ! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fitted these now. Evotech dont quote a torque setting for the thru bolt tho, and as its a engine to frame fixing bolt its important.
    Can you remember what you torqued it upto ?
    A rival product said 55 Nm for this bolt so thats what Ive done it to for now. Think I'll drop Evotech a line... they need to up thier game on a detail like this !

4. Did mine up 'F' tight ...

5. Same as the frame bolt, it's in the workshop manual available somewhere on this forum. Not at home ATM so can't look it up for you.

6. Wasn't aware there is a manual in the public domain for the 1260 yet :confused:

7. There isn't, it's for the 1200 DVT, most of the data is the same. Have a look here specifically for torque settings.

8. Evotech answered my e-mail and informed 80 Nm should be correct

9. Wow, really! Looking at the manual for the front frame fixings it advises 60Nm, so double check before you overtighten and cause yourself another problem.........

10. I Had in my head 70 nm as i was reading the thread so clearly not far out :joy::joy::joy:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I did mine at 55 Nm originally , might just recheck it and go to 60 Nm :upyeah:

80 does sound a bit much :astonished:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I installed frame sliders to my Triumph Tiger 1050 , which is a top heavy tall bike , I'm also 56 , on my recent trip to Scotland , I dropped mine in the 2nd place we stayed at , which had a gravel parking area , the bike was fully loaded , I made the mistake of standing on the foot peg in order to swing my leg over , the side stand went into the gravel and bike went over , no damage to fairings , or front end , some scratches on the pannier which should t cut out if not I will spray it , without the slider I would have scratched or cracked the fairing , my mate got knocked off his on the pass to Applecross on the 2nd hairpin by an Audi , no damage to the front end he has engine bars ,but he will need a.New pannier , he broke the hinge ok it , we held it together with gaffer tape .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information