1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liam Neeson

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Feb 5, 2019.

1. I tend to only watch non blockbuster movies. I enjoyed it, in fact it was six totally unrelated tales strung together as a movie with very few recognisable faces. Liam Neeson doesn't utter a word. But you can tell what he's thinking!

2. The last one I turned off. No idea what was going on. The gunslinger and gold miner were good, and the Neeson one was (does he have any lines?!).

3. Maybe I am remembering it wrong but I thought he had no dialogue, his offsider did all the talking.
    Don't want to spoil the story for anyone else...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. it wasn't real .....people are looking too deep....again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Which is probably why its his best film ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. He should have said Englishman. He’d have got a round of applause....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. He says that himself.

8. My thoughts for what they’re worth.

Reckon it’s probably out of context tbh.. the way I understood it was, he went to the location and was hoping the black person would show themselves.

You’ve got to be so careful these days

9. He is on vid saying he hoped he would be attacked so he could kill the attacker. His PR person needs firing...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Much like other more topical subjects, only the headline gets quoted, not the full story or timeline.

things
    Who gives a f...
    He doesnt need to work again anyway

• Like Like x 1
  11. The blokes got some bottle, he must have had a good idea how it would go down, he said he was ashamed he had them thoughts at the time, 40 years ago, they were thoughts, who knows what could have happened, nothing did, if it happened to my wife, sister or daughter I would probably have similar thoughts. It's been taken out of context in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. He was stupid to talk about it, but they were just thoughts not acted upon. If we were all on trial for our inner dialogue we would all be doing time!! Unfortunately these days nobody can even tell a story about a thought they had that they knew was wrong without it being blown out of all proportion..... probably why there are less and less interesting personalities.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. There was a film about just that, Minority Report, 2002, with Tom Cruise and Colin Farrell. The authorities could arrest you just for thinking a criminal thought! All to do with crime prevention! Scary.

14. "So 40 years ago I got very angry about something and thought about doing something nasty. But I didn't actually do anything or harm anybody. Then I soon regretted it, realised it was totally wrong, and have regretted those thoughts ever since. And now I have told the truth about it very frankly."

I am with John Barnes. The bad guys are the ones who actually did nasty things, never realise they were wrong, still keep on doing them, and keep on lying about them. Mr Neeson is the opposite of these.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  15. That was Pre-cog Unit, they saw the future rather than thought police. They arrested you for future crimes not yet committed.

16. So, it’s a matter of timing? Between thoughts & actions? Let’s hope it never arises. :confused:

17. Hats off to him, brave enough to admit a fault he had many years ago, I would not know what I would say or do if someone close to me was raped. Those who are outraged must be having a day off from the Vatican......

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Tough call and either a very brave or foolhardy (if you value a continued career in the media scrutinized vacuum that is Hollywood) thing to admit to, especially as it ultimately remained a thought leading to an action with intent that was never actually carried out. I admire his honesty but he'll undoubtedly face a massive backlash from his admission.

19. And sadly that's the world we live in, those calling for his head will have their turn in thier outrage victim future, nobody's perfect.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information