1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightweight Gear ?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Mikey G, May 11, 2020.

1. Hi fellow bikers, I have a question for you I’m looking at getting a couple of different products for my bike and wanted any reviews you might have. So I’m looking for a decent lightweight body armour as sometimes jackets are to hot in the summer, I’ve seen a few people wear them under hoodies and wondered how safe or how effective they are. And also does anyone use a decent phone holder for their bike?.

2. Ultimate addons for the fone holders expensive but great quality !

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cheers will look them up

4. The last several years I have been using RST Ventilator jacket & strides, works well for me and you have the option of using it year round as it is 3 part equipment with the mesh/armour outer, removable waterproof liner and a removable quilted liner. It has lasted me 7 years. Planning to get a new set this year, will look at other brands too of course but RST seem excellent value and reasonable quality.

5. i use RAM mounts myself - you can pretty well attach anything to anything....expensive but good gear...

https://www.rammount.com/

6. Quad lock all the way, ram mount or similar to get it on the bars/wherever but QL phone case is the best and quickest thing I’ve used.

Avoid the ram x-grip monstrosity’s, although their phone specific moulded cases are ok, just a bit of a faff to get the phone off and can result in drops....

Have done some looking for a really light mesh jacket or shell that won’t look like a complete squid and found the Knox one (name escapes me - urbane?) looks a good balance of wearing alone or under a lighter jacket for summer. I have a Dainese Rainsun jacket from a few years ago and will be using the inner from that this year...if we ever get back out, but it’s a bit big nowadays hence looking for a replacement.

7. Thanks guys .....awesome support as always ✊✊

8. Rev it Hudson jacket, had mine for 3 years now, light and casual. AC9D14EA-5A19-403C-9A9E-957302F6CB2B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've just acquired a Knox Zephyr Pro. Can wear alone or under something else. Not worn yet on the bike, but feels a well made piece of kit.

https://www.planet-knox.com/product/mens-zephyr-pro/

• Like Like x 2
  10. The new Furygan Brad X hoodie achieves – incredibly – the maximum AAA CE-rating. Besides Hideout's System Concept, I can't think of another non-leather jacket with enough abrasion resistance to get an AAA rating. And it's a hoodie!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information