1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lincoln Riders

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Danxr46, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Hi all hope all is well!

Any other Panigale/Ducati riders in Lincoln that meet up?

I know there is an event Sat 15th which il know nearer time about going but wondered if there anyone and anything else?

Many thanks

Dan

2. Hiya Dan,

There are quite a few, and from an informal perspective you’ll usually find some interesting Ducatis at Willingham Woods if the sun is out, or there’s a monthly DOCGB meet in Snitterby where a small group of very nice folk gather to talk bikes at a lovely country pub (or in recent times in Brigg). I’ve been down to a couple of the Snitterby meets and enjoyed them. Details on the DOCGB website about that.

I don’t know about the Sat 15th event myself, what’s that then? :)

Italia Moto in Lincoln is always welcoming for a chat and I’ve met / got to know a few local folks through seeing them there and then out and about.

Lastly, and again a bit of a CV19 victim so one for 2021 rather than this year, there’s a really great bike meet fortnightly in South Leverton at The Plough during the summer months where you’ll often see a lot of vintage machines and a few bevel-drive Ducatis turn up for that.

@Ben Mallinson was a great catalyst for local meets but I think that he’s had some other stuff on this year, so not sure if he’s still planning to corral people. He has done some sterling work gathering people together for meet-ups at things like the Italian Day and Lancaster events at East Kirkby.

Cheers - Ian

• Like Like x 1
  3. Evening all
    We postponed the April meeting due to the low temperatures and outdoor meeting requirements.
    So we have rescheduled for tomorrow evening around 6:30pm at the Hungry Fisherman in Brigg. Access up the alleyway from the road which goes up around the back of Tesco.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Oh that is close to my fav run, I might make that tonight!

5. It's a busy week for me. I'll be more likely to make the next one, hopefully back at the Oak in Snitterby? :)

6. Hi Johnny, just bear in mind that the road from Caistor to Brigg is a 50 limit all the way now, except for the 40mph sections where they are finishing off laying the lovely smooth tarmac.

7. Hi Ian
    Should be back at Snitterby in May, rules and temperature permitting.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ideal for our Ducati e-Scramblers.

9. Cheers, I shall keep an eye out. May struggle finding the chippy as i checked in maps and ...err... failed - side road of Tescos was mentioned

10. Heading from the Lidl roundabout go past Tesco and turn right at the next lights. Go past Wilko on your left and I will try to park my Black Aprilia (winter bike) in view by the alleyway.

11. Tomorrow's 2nd Tuesday May meeting is postponed to Wed due to a better Weather forecast. Location is the chippy at Brigg again (directions in previous posts) as the Royal Oak is currently only open 4 till 7:30 on weekdays.

• Like Like x 1
  12. It’s looking like it might actually be an alright evening. Sticking with the chippy or following the Weds hordes down to Willy Woods?

13. I might go to Willy Woods TBH

14. I was thinking similar. Mrs Fire3500 is cooking tea so I’d be tapping out of fish & chips but I could quite happily pay too much for a rubbish cup of tea, look at some motorbikes for a little bit and then head home… that is always assuming it isn’t raining by then.

15. Where about shall you guys park ?

16. I'm gonna see if the rain blows over without turning all the dust between me and the main roads back into chalky slurry, if it does I'll likely head over for a cuppa @ 6pm. I usually park in the carpark rather than the layby.

17. OK Guys, bike would not start so no show for me, can't expect much its getting on... nearly 3 weeks old now !

18. Wha?… my old knacker fired straight up. Having a cuppa at the woods on the Mike Harding Replica and then off home to wash it. Roads are wet…

19. 5 at the chippy. PP Multi arrived after the photo and 1 in car due to a heavy shower hitting his hometown just before departure. 20210512_192528.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information