1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lithium Batteries

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cockneyboy1963, Jan 21, 2018.

1. bitch... Upside down bitch... I followed this thread as I was interested , like most, in potential weight savings... Unlike you fatty, it would actually make a difference to me as im in peak condition.
    if I missed where this particular question was addressed I apologise...
    it's not that I don't listen, its more im a bit thick... Be nice sister...

2. You're not thick, just round :)

3. As long as my bikes regulator puts out Lithium volts rather than lead acid volts I should be fine.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Folks or any one still interested. The old style Shindengen regulator/rectifiers can fail to no voltage or high voltage. I have had both on my 748 out of three reg/rec failures in 40k miles. The overvoltage one that failed to high was up to 19v, it melted a hole in the battery case. If the lithium battery does not have protection circuitry in it or that circuitry is bad or fails battery melt down is a real risk. I don't believe mosfet regulators can fail the same way and the batteries being fitted from new on newer bikes have overvoltage protection circuits. Bottom line is if it is not designed for a lithium battery (many of the newer bikes are designed for a lithium battery) and you use you bike for regular road riding, fit one at your peril

• Like Like x 1
  5. Silly :)

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  6. And sensible :)

7. Easy isn't it :):upyeah:

Thanks for the 2 demonstrations there fellas!

8. Heat.......dissipated. .....where.......?
    Please perform the finger test and move up the triangle grass hopper.

9. Are lithium batteries ok to use on a bike?

And breath.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  10. This person’s pride and joy went up because of a lithium battery. They were probably on all the forums asking for advice on the upgrade and probably ignored it. One minute, experiencing all that power on tap, the next, cooking marshmellows :confused:
    925F88A0-5DA6-428A-B6C4-9D28800AFE26.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  11. Never ever wire a lithium battery directly to a straw basket with no breeze to cool it, or kaboom :bomb:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. upload_2018-1-29_17-18-6.jpeg
    This one is about to catch fire and note that the battery is just under any male riders crown jewels.

13. That’s why women tend to use AA in their toys. They’re not as stupid as men, to put Lithium down there :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. The women I know use C-cells. I refuse to speculate why.

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  15. At least it’s not cord start like a chainsaw :confused:

16. You don't understand. They use C-cells for the fecking remote control ...

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I strongly recommend you take lithium carbonate, two in the morning before posting on the forum.
    They may not help you, but they help me.

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 3
  18. I can't help but feel that someone is ganging up on me.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  19. I’ve used them for years in tropical climate. No issues whatsoever.

20. I've used lithium batteries for years on the Moon. No issues whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information