1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lithium Battery Optimate

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Andy800, Jul 27, 2018.

1. As title says, optimate/optimiser for lithium battery :D

• WTF WTF x 1
  2. My question would be why. My Lithium loses no charge over a long period, but my bike seems to have no residual drain.

3. Left my ignition on/forgot to remove ignition cable... Not able to run my bike long enough to recharge

4. Could lend you mine Andy but it’s a shorai specific one.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Is that specific to the battery

6. The connector is mate...

A730E1D8-EDAA-41BB-AB48-3EF318BF30F8.jpeg

7. Blimey, I see what you mean, thanks for the offer buddy, very kind :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Get a Skyrich LiFePO charger from your local Ducati dealer. It’s the one for the V4S/Speciale and it’ll be cheaper than trying to buy one from them direct. Andy

9. If you need one to get you out of a hole for the weekend, I can lend you one over the weekend. Don’t have any on the shelf though. I’m over in Sutton

10. Thanks @nelly I’m not back on track till 28th Aug. It’s for my Aprilia battery.

11. No worries :)

12. i think you are looking at about forty quid delivered to buy one..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Watching one on eBay for £50.
    Would there be any issues putting a lithium battery on the 899

14. You would need to confirm that you have the later MOSFET style regulator fitted to the 1299, Diavel and V4. Earlier model regulator failure results in pumping full alternator output into the battery which can have a catastrophic effect. LiPOs have been discussed at length on here over time so if you have a few hours to spare, do a search. Andy

15. Thanks Andy, I remember reading snippets of previous threads, someone's bike catching fire in Germany seems to ring a bell. Probably best to leave it standard :upyeah:

16. Am i reading correctly its for your track bike....so no lights etc etc... if so you could remove one of the three charging wires as you dont need that much electricity generated....

= more power:upyeah:

17. Yes for the track bike. I’ve recently fitted a manually switched thermo fan which does pull current I think about 5.9A, not sure if I’m gonna fit another as it was baking on Thursday

Do Not Sell My Personal Information