1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Lithium Ion Batteries

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Orchardbike, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Lithium ion batteries, any good? Any pitfalls? I presume you lose any stored data, such as personal settings, time, date etc. When you take, the old battery out?

2. Please use the new forum search function to find previous discussions about LiFePo/LiPo batteries. Although the Panigale FE, 1299SL and V4S come with one as standard, as an “upgrade” there is a risk of catastrophic failure. Andy

3. Wow, wish I hadn’t searched, just lost an hour of my life!

One thing I couldn’t find though, do you lose any settings on the dash? As my 1299S is second hand, what would happen if the original owner had set up a pin code?

4. Ooh, good question, don’t know. Would any of the servicing required the battery to be disconnected ? If it does, you’d think that settings would be saved. Haven’t lost the pin on my Multistrada (that I know of) and that has had the battery disconnected a coule of times. Andy

5. Yes, you loose your dash too if it fires - seriously though, check with Ducati if the bike is designed for one - if they say don't do it and it would invalidate your warranty then don't fit one. It could also invalidate your Insurance so check with them too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks guys

7. £245 from Ducati or £90 from t’internet........

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Be very careful which spec you buy!!! Most have cheap cells and not pukka Panasonic or the like :eyes: ask your dealer if you fit a shitty one is the warranty covered o_O

9. If you look at the link the battery comes with a vented cover,no idea why as i am not a technical expert , but i would say if you buy aftermarket then vent the cover,my anniversario comes with a lithium battery as standard with a vented cover.

10. Current LiFePo battery supplied for the V4S is made by Skyrich as is the battery charger. Andy

11. Same for the 1299:upyeah:

12. There's your answer - buy that one :):upyeah:(from a proper outlet - these things are copied)

13. Can you imagine how long it took to research and write?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  14. Moto rapido sell shido ones for about £75

I asked them when I was researching them and they said there are no issues with them in panigales

I’ve had one for a year and it’s been fine. Maintainence free. Only time it’s been an issue is when it was very cold one morning it struggled to crank

• Like Like x 1
  15. That is one of the few downsides.

16. Not having to leave it on a trickle charger is a bonus though. They hold their charger much better

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I always fit them and had two panis and no issues at service time. Cheapest 2kg you will ever shed from a bike.

18. Surely the biggest draw is the bikes security and own electrics rather than self discharge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Only if there is zero drain.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information