1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lithium Or Not

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by SteveE, Nov 7, 2019.

?
  1. No

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Yes

15 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Oh, there's a Troll :eek: (and I am not on ignore) :yum

2. If the recent work to produce a battery based around aluminium comes to fruition, from what I’m told, it’ll make lithium obsolete. Andy

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Let’s hope it’s easier to extract and better for the environment

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. A positive contribution, much better :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Read an article about that a few weeks ago, sounded very promising if it ever gets developed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They used a Land Rover Defender sketch in the article too, but JLR are pressing ahead with Cells like Tesla. It's a small company so the cynic in me says it will likely be bought out and shelved if it works :eyes:

7. I must admit I just buy the factory recommended battery, budget in to replace it every second year and I'm happy.

I've never understood the "but it's lighter by pounds" when that argument is made by an old 20 stone greggs fanatic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Wouldn't be the first time that a potentially brilliant solution to some thing has been killed off by the bigger companies who would suffer from it, so us poor sods carry on paying through the nose for a lesser product.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Not to mention the cure for baldness! It’s buried out there somewhere along with the cures, for cancer and the common cold. Right next to the Ark of the Covenant and cold fusion!
    Bastards! :triumph:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. You need to add an extra answer to the poll.
    DEPENDS on how sophisticated/safe (old?) your Ducati charging system is?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. To be fair if you search the forum using GOOGLE rather that the poor internal search you'll see why the comment was posted.

12. They aren't condescending / patronising if you don't know shit about the subject, they are trying to educate you.
    You bring the comments on yourself with " a bloke down the pub said, once met a guy at a race track and he said" etc. Just leave the comments to those that actually know the answers rather than banging yer lips!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Especially if you have to carry a fire extinguisher!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2

14. Are you his Mini Me?

Bradders & Chris.jpg

15. when it's funny on here, it's just.. funny. I never question it :---)

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  16. When it's funny and you don't think so you send PM's crying and report people - there is no foundation to Big Trolls scribblings and none for Little Trolls either :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Exactly!

With a lithium battery on my old tech bike:

Pros
    Could start better,
    Will be 3Kgs lighter

Cons
    Lithium might cost more
    May catch fire and singe the crown jewels

The risk over benifit is clear to me especially as I'm not a lard arse.

#37 Jez900ie, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  18. Wow, really touched a raw nerve there then, posts above are mild Mickey-takes compared with your average stuff Stuart, I certainly never enter into character assassinations and you’ve crossed a line if you are going to start lying - not a good image for a professional trader on here is it..

#38 Chris, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  19. You are both quite pathetic :joy:

20. Still trolling? Why? :thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information