1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Lock Replacement On Stock Givi Topbox

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tifosi256, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Hi All,

I've been told my 1260 will come with 3 spare lock barrels under the seat which will match the main ignition key. Firstly, that's pretty cool and I've never heard of bike manufacturers doing that before!

I'm not going for the Ducati panniers/top box since I have an almost brand new Givi 56l Maxia 4 top box from a previous bike. The dealer is going get get the mounting plate and arms sorted for me so that I can continue using it. However, if I do get these extra locks under the seat, I'd love to swap out the lock in my top box for one of them so that I've got one key for everything.

So my question is... is this a straightforward drop in replacement (after all, the Ducati top box is Givi too), or have they done something annoying to make this hard/impossible?

2. Did some research on this to try and find a lock cylinder bushing to use my lock with a used Ducati top case I purchased on eBay for my 2015 1200S. Here's what applies to Givi.

Ducati Top Cases are made by Givi, but . . . the Ducati Top Case has a different lock cylinder than the Givi case. The Ducati latch has a much bigger hole with 2 notches that match corresponding protrusions in the Ducati lock cylinder bushing (plastic part the lock cylinder is inserted into which in turn is inserted into the latch). The Ducati latch also has a boss that protrudes from the latch that the Givi latch does not have. The Ducati lock cylinder bushing used in the top case is the same one used in the panniers and the seat lock.
    Givi makes 2 lock cylinders standard and security. The Givi standard lock cylinder is very short and nothing like the Ducati cylinder. The Givi Security Lock looks similar to the Ducati cylinder but is shorter (I purchased one to try).

I did not research in depth but it may be possible to replace the Givi Top Case latch assembly with the Ducati, assuming the 1260 and 1200 use the same case.

2014 MTS 1200 GT Top Case Latch Assy PN 96700710A (Ducati nomenclature UPPER HINGE (Unit)) Approx US$45.00

As an aside for anyone trying to find a lock cylinder bushing to use their Ducati lock cylinder; the seat lock cylinder can be purchased by itself, bushing can be removed and used for Ducati top case.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thanks for the fantastic detail. Looks like more research is needed but sounds like it might be possible. I've been trying to find pictures of everything to compare them but I think it will be easier once I have the bike and everything in front of me (barring an actual Ducati top box)

4. I've got a couple of pics of the Ducati case and lock cylinder.
    upload_2019-4-17_7-45-24.png

upload_2019-4-17_7-45-34.png

upload_2019-4-17_7-45-41.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. I tried to match the Givi trekker locks to my Multistrada using the OE pannier locks. Didn’t work.

6. Hi guys

Did anybody try to 3D print one?

I would like to do this and then share the file but would need to have the dimensions of that piece :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information