1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockwiring

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by ducati dad, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Dubai the city was brilliant, really good. Wish I could have seen more of it. The Dubai Mall is insane. Alas, it was my hosts that left much to be desired.

I liked Bahrain but my satnav was trying to get me in trouble there, serious trouble. At least I avoided American Alley and an overdose of cholesterol. I loved the way that the traffic got crazy at the weekend on the bin Salman Highway with visitors from Saudi in search of "entertainment".

2. In Dhahran on Hawk your not in the PDM hangar by any chance?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yes iam. Small world. Are you here too??

#23 Chrisduke, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  4. What’s your view on Yemen?

5. Noisy neighbours.

6. You know what I mean.

7. Yemen is Saudi Arabia's Grenada, or Vietnam. It is a proxy war between the Saudis and Iran. A political contest, a way of playing wargames for real. A live fire exercise. A proving ground for tactics, men and equipment.

One or more of these things. My guess is all of the above.

8. Indeed.
    Playing with other people’s lives with UK purchased and supported equipment.

Anyway...apologies for thread divergence.

9. Yes I am on the Tornado side, I am on 3 weeks holiday at the moment but when I am back I will pop over and ask for you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. No comment unless you want me to rant in a PM.

11. Iam home on Thursday night for a month back 21st April. Hopefully be able to get a trackway in at cadwell while im off but the Mrs due to drop could put a halt to that. Will have to catch up when im back.

12. Iam home on Thursday night for a month back 21st April. Hopefully be able to get a trackday in at cadwell while im off but the Mrs due to drop could put a halt to that. Will have to catch up when im back.

13. No problem mate I am towards the end of my three weeks off, I did manage to ride my bike for four days of my holiday which is a bonus in this crazy weather for March. Somersetpirate on here he is also in PDM, he is an interesting character with lots of bikes 848, 1198 and a V4.
    Have a good holiday and I hope all goes well for your new arrival.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cheers mate, I popped over to Bahrain yesterday for breakfast and then onto the BIC to watch the Bahrain superbikes (Middle East 899 Challenge) unbeknown to us it also ran along side the Porsche GT3 Championship, managed to blag our way into the Porsche hospitality lounge. Free food and drink all day with a pit walk all for 2BD circuit entry fee!! Top day out.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information