1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look Out Scotland, Here I Come

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by johnny, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Yes standard Ducati fuel issue that was with my ST4s all its life appears to be the same on the Multi V4.
    The feeling that you are running our of fuel and the bike appears to hesitate ever so slightly. Partial throtle usually around 3-5K RPM

#41 johnny, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  2. That maybe the exhaust valve on the V4.

3. ...a known issue ? - please elaborate

4. If it has an electronically actuated exhaust valve, like plenty of other recent Ducatis, this is designed to get around noise regs by restricting the exhaust note at certain RPM. That is all this device is for and, despite the engineers best efforts, it can add glitches to the power delivery. On my 1260 Multistrada I have disconnected mine and added a small Healtech servo eliminator to prevent the ECU showing an error. It sounds better, not offensive, just a bit 'riper' at that point in the rev range, and seems to pull better too. Maybe an illusion but I'm satisfied.

The change I've made also has the benefit of negating the valve seizing in the future, which most on the 1260 eventually do. Not convenient if it's stuck in the closed position...

5. Thanks for posting - enjoyed the pictures. Did you see any RAF around Ullapool flying up the valleys with contrails off the wings about a thousand feet below you if you were halfway up any of the Munros?

6. Nice bin :)

7. @johnny, what was the traffic like? Have heard rumours that what with Covid and many people holidaying in the UK rather than abroad that the west coast is probably going to be rammed with cars, motorhomes and bikes. Did you find that to be true. I can imagine that the likes of Applecross etc. would be difficult, especially with people driving rental motorhomes o_O

8. It sounds like @johnny has been in the pub for three odd days.:thinkingface:

9. Traffic was good, enough but not crazy. School holidays may be worst though.

10. Good point; Just checked and Scottish school holidays begin on the 5th July (before the ones in England), this is good as we'll be home by then.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information