1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking At The 900ss ('91-'98)

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Jalfrezi, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Ian,A great and very helpful reply for the novice SS rider:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Welcome and enjoy

3. My first Love was a RED the proper colour 600 SS
    Love these bikes

Yellow is for custard and bananas and sunglasses because it’s so bright

Red is for head turning tongue hanging out coolness :cool:

We like pics of ya bins too it’s a forum law include your bike when you get it
    Good luck

Welcome into the mad house :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. it will work in the end Viv as he will see red.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sadly a bit too much of a reach financially for me. Thanks for the guidance though, very helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. One of the most significant issues with these is the head bolts/studs. Earlier ones (can't recall when the change was) had stainless ones that are prone to snapping, later ones were different material (early = shiny stainless, later darker slightly dull coloration).
    Superlights look to be out of your price range - early SLs had different wheels along with all the other mainly cosmetic identifying parts, mine as a 1996 retains the fully floating cast iron rotors, carbon hugger/front 'guard / clutch cover, plus single seat and oil temp gauge.
    Engines are strong other than the bolt issue but oil gallery plugs can back out of the crank ultimately causing oil pressure loss but generally they are pretty sound.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information