1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking To Buy

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by BadBoyR, Sep 9, 2018.

1. As John Ruskin once said

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

• Like Like x 2
  2. I know Ducatis and Yamahas are different. I spent my money on a Ducati, I made that choice. But lots of other people spend their money on Yamahas.

The Ducati salesman standing in front of you doesn't know which of these two categories you belong to. Use that to your bargaining advantage.

3. Phoned around a few places today and best I got so far was £500 off and delivery to me as they are not local.

With slightly used its still a further £1500 saving.

4. Then work on whatever extras they can throw in: alarm, BikeTrac, discloc, servicing.

5. It was nothing etc, I tried. I want a white one and they only had red, although red is nice too.

Any issues with buying an ex demo bike?

6. So Mr Ruskin bought a Yamaha :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. And wear a Yamaha jacket o_O

8. Preferably in that shiny, shell suit material for the classy look.

• Like Like x 1
  9. There are used ones out there for £9k. (Mainly red ones though) A big saving on new. Personally I wouldn't buy a new bike, because I am tight. But each to their own. Good luck with the search

• Like Like x 1
  10. I bought a new one because I want to know that it has been run in correctly and I had no need to save money.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Those were the base model, not the S.

12. Sorry missed that. Like I said, I am tight. Hope you get a good deal.

#32 Christy, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dealer margin is only about 10% so don't expect massive discounts ...unless the dealer wants shot of old stock or Ducati have offered him a decent monthly bonus.

Freebies and discounts on extras are the way to go bargaining.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The reflectors are just stuck on and pull off quite easily, I’ve taken my own off.

15. They're not pretty, are they?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I allways buy ex demos and always in November!!! Supersport s 550 miles on it with first service done full set of panniers plus some other little bits and bobs ...tank pad baseball cap etc and paid £10,450 last year i was happy with that. Xdiavel the year before with 400 miles on the clock for less than 13k!!! Only down side is shiny new toy in the middle of winter can be VERY frustrating

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wow, that's a brilliant deal. Was that a 17 plate?

18. Yep !

• Like Like x 1
  19. Another thing to factor in is how you are paying for it...

If its cash - then look for maximum discount / freebies.

If its Finance - the finance deals on new may present a better overall saving than a used or ex demo.

Look at the overall cost over the purchase period... between the 2 options.

Plus I seem to recall they are giving away an exhaust or panniers with the SS?

Again - its all personal preference - but best compare total cost of used / new and see if you want to pay the extra.. it may be very little as a %....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information