1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loomies Tomorrow Night (25th July) From Bristol

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by comfysofa, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Sorry @Gimlet I didn't see this...already left by that time but what a great evening that was. Thoroughly nice time. Nice to know @Wayne58 is close by. Nice to meet you also fella.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gets busy, doesn’t it ;)

3. Yeah - had to thread my way though a little bit! - last time i went was a couple of years ago, early sunday morning.....

Having said that the journey back was....interesting. Coming back up the A34 my mate said "take the 2nd a303 exit" when we should have taken the first....so, then we thought, fuck it, go up to the m4 at Newbury and take the boring route home....got to the Newbury junction - totally closed off so ended up going to Oxford, got 10 miles out of oxford and had one bar left on my fuel so had to go into oxford to get fuel. Back down to Swindon, then along the M4 - fucking m32 junction closed so had to come off early at Bath and get home that way...

4. It was a good evening out. Nice to meet Wayne and Comfysofa and Comfysofa's mate and put some more faces to names.
    Cheers for the ride out Wayne, we got there in the end. A good turn out but not as crowded as expected and some cool bikes. Didn't see any plod on the way home. (Hope none saw me :eyes:).

I went back the way I usually do, up the A34 to the driving range nets and the turnoff for Salisbury then back roads to Stockbridge. As long as I keep away from Winchester I'm alright. I know where I am when it's fields and hedges. Dual-carriageways, roundabouts and motorway junctions is where it all goes tits.

Might go down again another week. Quite enjoy a night ride home.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice to meet you guys to. My wine and movie idea kind of fell through when I got in. Was off nights yesterday so only had 3 and a bit hours sleep, sat on sofa with a glass, fell asleep, woke up at 3am with the fat pup laid on my legs.. . . Doh . Good to meet you all though, look forward to the next time.

6. Yeah - last night was perfect riding weather (despite our massive detour) had we had not missed that a303 turn off i think my arrival time home would have been about 90 mins sooner or so...

7. The Winchester-Stockbridge-Salisbury road is one of my favs. Real progress can be made with fast, balls out corners and decent visibility

Do Not Sell My Personal Information