1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lorenzo Back For This Week’s Test

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Oct 7, 2020.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  1. Food for thought on why they didn't give him the 2020 package,maybe a little bit very worried for a upset with their regular trackside monkeys on the timed sheets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. How about the worry of him whooping him on the old bike?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Who knows how these head honchos think.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. What’s the point of testing a 2019 bike? There must be something new on there they want testing.
    What better test than to give it to ‘The Metronome’.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I can't understand why he's on the 2019 bike, I'm starting to think Yamaha just hired him to keep him off a competitor bike,.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Using ‘19 bike as a baseline for something they’re not happy with on ‘20 Bike perhaps:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  7. If you find yourself missing Lorenzo then you always have Vinales, another astoundingly fast rider against the clock who is capable of metronomic consistency - but who can't race for toffee!

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. I know i can't seem to work Vinales out, i think and maybe he does he should of stayed at Suzuki.:grinning:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. One thing is certain if George start posting competitive times MV’s head will be totally gone !

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. He looked like he was hitting the pies hard and was way off the pace yesterday - Vinaeles was nearly a second quicker on an R1M road bike with a few mods.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lorenzo was really slow yesterday wasn't he? I'm really surprised.

12. Well we have seen the 2019 Ducatis rubbing the factory 2020 bikes collective noses in the dirt. Well either that or Ducati are stupid enough to stop Dovi winning the title!

The same scenario is happening at Yamaha with the Petronas boys out-classing the factory team too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Being factory isn’t always a good thing. It does limit your flexibility in some ways

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. but who knows exactly what they are testing working on.....it doesn't always show in out and out lap times..

15. Not ridden a MotoGP bike in 8 months, from the linked interview, is concerned about adjusting to the speed of the bike again and Portimao is not a track MotoGP has been to before. I’m surprised you are surprised. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gearbox ratios and tyre wear, according to the interview linked in the first post. Andy

17. If you are not a fan, I hope you never meet his father...

18. The 2020 year will be remember for many unsual things happening across the planet,and certainly this one will stand out from the crowd if they pull it off.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information