1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lorenzo To Retire?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by scouse mouse, May 24, 2018.

1. Well Lorenzo has said it now out his own mouth HE WILL NOT BE ON A DUCATI 2019
    In his words if ducati had given him what he wanted a few months ago he would have stayed with them.
    They did not so he is going

2. I don't think Petruci is up to it either (although I do really like him) but then again I didn't think Dovi was 2 years ago. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread you can't see him as a Champion.

Ducati HQ have got themselves into another situation, stick or twist!
    Maybe it's not even their call now, judging by what Lorenzo said.

3. Riders "contract changes" are always possible with enough money thrown at them. Ducati have plenty of that even if they don't have any decent engine paint.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  4. I was thinking that (not the paint). If he starts winning regularly he could be "bought back" if a contract has been signed elsewhere. It was different for Rossi, as he was adamant he was going.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Oh I can see that going down well with the multistrada owners. If Ducati spend all the R&D money for the new fuel sender's on buying Lorenzo back it'll be bedlam

BEDLAM I SAY

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Say what? :thinkingface:

7. BEDLAM

8. Thats in Wales -right?
    a078f-171-0211062623-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-sex-gene-wilderlover-sheep.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Back to Lorenzo and Ducati,

I feel his post race comments are quite telling, it's something we've heard many many times before in regards to Ducatis willingness or ability to provide bike adaptions for the riders in a timely manner

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motors...n/news-story/a69036897947422f54829a20a6c08937

As I said way back at the start of this thread, Lorenzo is and always has been one of the smoothest motogp riders there is. That's his strength

Give him comfort and stability to click off lap after lap and he just wears people down. Apex after Apex he'll be in the same place at the same time, lap after lap after lap and without even a sniff of a mistake to capitalise on.

He's just lethal when he gets in the groove, it's a different kind of riding to watch but still just as incredible.

If he ends up back on a Yamaha which is truly factory supported, which I presume it will be with someone like Petronas backing him, then I'd wager he'll take another championship in the next two years. At the very least he'll be runner up.

So is this once again another story about Ducati, and it's ability or willingness to change?

Stoner said it
    Rossi said it
    Now Lorenzo is saying it

Bit coincidental don't you think?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. The bike is fine as one person can do alright on it. That’s their ethos. Bit like, all engine paint is fine because the one in our factory showroom hasn’t flaked off

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. That's exactly what Dovi must have felt yesterday. He's had the ability to reel anybody in over the past year, but Lorenzo just kept his metronomic progress going lap after lap and broke him, to the point with a handful of laps left, where Dovi just gave up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. First time I’ve heard Dovi make an excuse, blamed the poor tyre selection, in interview in parc ferme too.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Well, he's had praise heaped on him for 18 months, maybe he's begun to believe the hype, and yesterday he saw something to worry him. :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Interesting picture of Lorenzo's new tank here. Could these nodules be the turning point for Jorge? :thinkingface:

Also, he looks like he has a sofa cushion for a seat compared to Dovi. :eek:

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 20.47.14.png

• Useful Useful x 2
  15. The front fairing appears to be different on Lorenzo's bike as well.

16. He used the smaller wings at the weekend. :bucktooth:

17. We shall see in the next few rounds.. I believe if he does good ducati will sign him again...
    I think he protests too much...
    Iffa the results are forthcoming in the near future he surely would be offered and have to accept at least another year.. personally I would rather see miller there...

18. They’ve filled the tank out to replicate a Yamaha’s tank

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information