1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lorenzo To Retire?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by scouse mouse, May 24, 2018.

1. They should try that with the chassis. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Commentary said the seat unit was different on the bikes too.

Just shows you, same team entirely different bikes in so many ways.

3. Lorenzo's tank looks slightly wider, in that pic. The bigger difference is the unit on the back of the tank with the grips.
    He said his arms were knackered in previous races, obviously the grips help, as you'd expect.

The tank thing is such a simple fix, l can't believe it's taken 24 starts to get to it.

Interesting incremental improvements. There are others that we don't know about apparently.

It's 1 win, the Bologna jury must be out again.

It's almost comical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Desmo Dovi has nine wins to his name for Ducati in 2017 lets give him some credit too:thinkingface:he deserves it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dovi is better than Lorenzo on a Ducati I also think he is better than.Stoner ever was

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. I think that's to help with aerodynamics and the chip on his shoulder, somewhere to lean it on.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. His chip on the shoulder is like a boil,it just gets bigger every year;)

8. Really?

I'm not sure whether many people would agree with that to be fair.

Some people may not like stoner, and that's fine, but disputing his talent is rarely in question.

Dovi is good, but he's not a patch on stoner in regards to talent

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Question....Ragged and exciting over silky smooth/fast that's your choice for motorcycle racers,both methods work very well:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Really interesting to see because you'd think it would be for breaking stability but Dovi is a ninja on the brakes with the skinny tank so it's as much for Lorenzo hanging off mid corner as for braking. Loads of people have problems coming to the skinny Panigale 1x99 tank after being used to wrapping their legs around other wider tanks, the V4 is a nice compromise.

11. Oh yeah of course.

I'm just saying that Stoner is / was simply one of the most talented riders to ever grace a track.

That's not fan boy talk, that's general consensus from multiple world title holders and the vast majority of reporters and journos Involved within the sport.

I love Dovi, not only does he come across as a nice fella he's also properly steady.

But I'm afraid if you had Stoner alongside there'd only be one winner, and he wouldn't be Italian

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. People look at Stoner with rose tinted glasses when he first came to Moto GP he was a crasher he basically had a couple of good seasons then packed it in if it wasn't for Marquez Dovi would have been world champion last year
    The only rider that gave Stoner a challenge was Rossi

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. And when he did properly, he beat him...

Stoner has talent, in a very marquez way of instant pace and riding really loose. That why he suited the ducati and the later Honda. Smooth isnt his style. Funny thing is, Dovi is smooth and so is Jorge yet they have very different set ups and results. Jorge isnt known as a demon brake (as he keeps speed up) but he certainly demonstrated on Sunday he can brake! Why hasn't he done that before? Is it simply the tank? And if so why haven't they tested that after race 2 last year?!

There is more to it than that. Other riders talked about fundamental chases and electronics issues, and the factory's refusal to address and change. You'd think that wouldn't fall into the same category, given bars/pegs/levers/seat bump/seat unit/tank are things that all riders kind of have a 'standard set up' for regardless of bikes.

14. It seems odd to me that they couldn't or wouldn't make the changes to tank/ wing and whatever else until now when JLO is apparently leaving.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  15. Rumoured that Jorge might be taking up Danny Pedrosa's spot with HRC Honda......:thinkingface:

• WTF WTF x 1
  16. He'd be mental to do that.

The Honda isn't a smooth rider bike, Lorenzo would be far better off going with a factory supported yamaha satellite team, get a couple of years under the belt, maybe a title and then Mr V Rossi will take over the successful satellite team in year 3

You heard it here first chaps :)

17. Still think a stint in wsb would do him good it would learn him how to race

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. JLo will spend a short while on a sat yam and repeatedly beat Maverick until he gets back in the Factory team. That’s my guess.

19. Lorenzo = business man with money
    Valentino Rossi = business man with more money

Do you really think having had a legacy running years with Yamaha that VR hasn't already got a watertight contract sealed that it'd be full on factory support when he takes a team?

VR also needs a solid rider to help bring along younger generations.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me that the next move for Lorenzo is year one of a 4 year plan with some ongoing involvement working under VR46 Petronas / Monster team when that starts.

Just watch this space :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Not sure he needs to learn how too race...nor would want to ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information