1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost My Biking Mojo

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Gp80, Sep 30, 2018.

1. I've had plenty of rides over the years which have left me feeling a bit mojo-less and pondering this daft motorcycling life...too much traffic, wrong time of day, bad choice of road, mechanical snags, aging grumpy bastard rider, etc, etc, then one ride on a familiar twisty road on a sunny Saturday evening, when the rest of the country is indoors watching the Celebrity Baking on Ice Off, and things fall into place, and all is well again, for a while. Or an afternoon just tinkering...it's all therapy, it all helps banish the demons. A dog might be a better idea but I don't want to pick up its warm turds.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I did the change of bike this year but that didn’t work, from a fully sorted 1290 Superduke to a fully sorted Hyper 939 SP. My riding consists of either

1. Ride from Warrington to J3 M65 then up to Settle, Hawes and Devils Bridge
    2. Warrington to The Raven Cafe then Ponderosa
    3. I did my first tour of Scotland in 2018, Fort William, Applecross, Skye etc. Enjoyed it but got piss wet through mostly
    4. Supermoto track days - Really enjoyed this but a faff in the end, vans, generators, camping gear blah blah blah

If I’m honest if I’m not riding balls out I don’t get anything from it, it’s the rush that we all enjoy right ?

Anyway, fuck all this moaning, I’m on eBay looking at Tuono V4 Factory’s !

• Like Like x 2
  3. I've just had 2 kids and have no intention of giving up. In fact I've just bought a new bike and rebuilding my track bike. People keep saying to me "oh the bikes will go now you got kids" then I tell um that I've still got 4 and got loads of track days booked they soon shut up.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Mate. That’s my patch as well, them v4’s are to bloody good. Get a proper one. A V2T, back to basics :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  5. I’ve had 2 V2’s, great bikes, I’d have another no problem. I had a 2013 V4, that was epic too

6. Just get out, nowts better :upyeah:

7. I didn’t expect my post to be so popular. Well it’s been a manic few months, work wise, moving house etc etc and now spring is slowly on its way, after much thinking I’m keeping the beloved bike, I may not get out as much but when I do the smile factor is worth keeping it alone and I woujd miss it if it wasn’t there to take advantage of when the time comes

• Like Like x 15
  8. Sage words!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information