1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost My Biking Mojo

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Gp80, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Thinking of buying a triumph and hanging around my local Wickes to see if I can impart some worldly knowledge on the passing public.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I did hear from my local the other day that he is running a ducati scrambler as well...fairplay to him:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I did the school at Pete boasts, even bought a crf 125 to use in future when I go back plus tought Debbie to ride a bike on it, it sits in the kitchen looks ace and the rvf is in the house beats having statues or pictures and shit lying about, the flat track is bloody brilliant it will bring the smile back or indeed any off road biking, road riding seems to have more minuses than pluses too many vehicles in most places, road conditions are unpredictable, drink or drugged drivers, camera vans, sometimes we are lucky to get home through often no fault of our own, the few brilliant trouble free days out are few and far between unfortunately, my avatar is at the flat track I walked away from that and at least 4 other crashes I had that day, not so sure the same crashes on the road would have ended so amusingly, biking is about smiling if you are not enjoying it change it, it's easy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Flat tracking was awesome. I'm going back for a few more days over winter for sure, well priced for what you get, works out cheaper than a track day :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. This is it for me. I have no one calling me saying ‘let’s get out sunday’ or harassing me ;)

I find riding alone boring. I may as well be out in the car.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Didn't ride for nearly 3 years after losing my mate to a bike accident but kept the bike under wraps and very glad I did.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I was in the same place 2 years ago had a Yamaha R6 which was awesome ,but found it a faff and just didn;t enjoy it at all .So sold it and got a street triple r and boom my mojo was back loved it ,it was less serious than the R6 ,just so much fun ,then moved on to the street fighter love that to .So it wasn't biking that i lost my mojo for it was the bike .All my mates sold there bikes ,so was riding on my own but you make new mates to ride with if you put yourself out there ,now my old mates all say ,wish i kept my bike doh..Good luck with your decision

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Go out of your comfort zone.
    Find a new area to ride. Don't keep riding the same roads.
    Definitely ride in Europe, beats riding in the UK by a country mile.
    Do a trackday. Do a Euro trackday.
    Do some rider training, we are never to old or experienced to learn something new.
    Learn to kneedown or wheelie. This place is very very good i believe.
    https://www.i2imca.com/About.asp
    Go to EICMA show in Italy. Flights are cheap and its far better than the NEC.

I think there is an 'end of season blues' to us all at this time of year.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Sold my SS after I broke my shoulder blade,still having trouble with my rotator cuff,doing physio.Thought I was a bit old at 77 to be sliding down the road but I do miss the bugger.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I can empathise with the theme of this thread. I have done about 900 miles this year all my own. After getting my licence back at the end of last year (Epilepsy) I have not felt confident on the bike. My balance is now not great and I am not sure I will ride next year. I have fallen out of love with motorcycling after 53 years.

11. My next plan other than flat track is the very same place at a york event...

12. I had no one local to ride with all my ducati pals were an hour away quite enjoyed the single and double riding
    My accident put me off as did the guy I was with at the time he refused to ride and forbid me too as well
    Pity he didn’t clear off at the time because he manipulated/bullied me into never riding again

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Sounds like a propper cock womble.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. :heart::upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. As CR says , cock womble or even wank puffin, either way his loss. X

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Following my brothers off (leg gone) and my less devastating RTA just 15 days later, I've also lost my riding MOJO.
    Still love Ducati, but in the last 37 months I've ridden less than 5 times and 2 of them were for MOT's.
    The first ride out 80 miles was to a friends birthday on a Sunday afternoon 2 years after the RTA (no alcohol). Really enjoyed that.
    The next ride a couple of months later was to meet my bro and a 65 mile jaunt around the Surrey hills, watching him ride had me full of mixed emotions.
    I've not ridden since.
    Not sure what it is, but it's gone. It really brought it home to me what impact accidents have on other close family members.
    My brother rides off road most weekends (green lanes), however his wife is not happy if he rides further afield on his road bike.
    Not considering selling yet, but I'm definitely not back out there.
    I'm still a member of the local IAM group and really need to get back on training and get my advanced retaken (did ROSPA years ago). After that I'm going to redo my car one in a van. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Given what happened to you and your brother in quick succession it’s hardly surprising. Just take a day at a time. It may come back soon. Or not. It doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Been a funny one this year, only put about 800 miles on my sunny sunday bike (RSV4),i use my Triumph St 1050 as a work commuting tool and i haven't even rode that as often as normal using my car instead ,non biking mates have said to me god i wish i had a bike in weather like this, not realising that the hot stuff we've had this year is not really condusive to comfortable bike riding ,sweating my bollox off in leathers isn't my idea of fun, OK you can ride in jeans etc but its something I've never done...i just don't always feel like riding my bikes, i guess its all down to mood and being arsed...sometimes i'm just happy sat in the garage beer in hand admiring gorgeous Italian engineering.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I spent a very therapeutic hour in the garage today with a hair dryer just removing stickers from the track bike.

Biking can be more than riding bikes.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Seems I’m not alone on this one then, thanks for all your input and advice, I’ll keep her tucked up in the garage and start again next year now I think, it still brings a smile to my face the few times I did get out, sometimes life just gets in the way I guess

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information