1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost My Biking Mojo

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Gp80, Sep 30, 2018.

1. [QUOTE="Jolley, post: 1207223, member: 35704"...........................

For those that say there is no fettling to be done on a Pani, I present exhibit A:
    View attachment 131655
    (And I have more plans for this winter!)[/QUOTE]

I reckon some wheels would look good and help to make the bike go loads faster. :D
    Best mod you can make.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. There is recurring theme here and my guess is that many of us have got bored with riding at ten tenths most of the time.
    There is lots more to biking than just riding fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Same here I drove to Italy to buy my 888
    Last December ........ rode it once
    This year grrrrr
    Did go to the TT as usual on the 1199
    Rode it 3 times to Wales to blow out the cobwebs beforehand.
    It’s been tucked up since ‍♂️
    Sell them no way !!! I’m lucky I’ve got a couple of classic cars too that I don’t use enough either........
    As I’ve got older 56 now there seems to be less hours in the day
    And more responsibility’s ....... work......customers ...... etc. My Pani is a “12” plate & I bought it cash hard earnt like most of us I guess .....
    It’s still fast as feck & make me smile
    Is it worth a lot guess not but I don’t care
    The 888 is probably going up in value ???
    It’s a Spo.
    So all in all I think we’re all in the same boat

4. it really seems I’m really not alone then, and things some have said I can relate too, I have a young family and always wonder what if etc and since them I have slowed down a bit, plus my weekends seem to be taken up doing stuff with them this year, ( there only young once)
    Plus I’ve kinda gained a new hobby and got into mountain biking, got one start of the year to get fit and now get out as much as I can plus with a few mates which I haven’t got on the Ducati, it’s just as enjoyable and a lot safer not quite the buzz but its becoming my new favourite past time and doesn’t have to stop in the winter

5. Thats what i like to see! set of m50's on there for starters...

6. I've not been out for ages due to the little one arriving last year and thought about selling my 1198 but thankfully I don't need the cash so it dits in the garage looking pretty oh and next to the sps I bought :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. To paraphrase Steve McQueen...Riding is life, everything else is just waiting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Well this year my Yamaha hasn’t left the garage and I have ridden the Scrambler about 6 times. NormLly tour on the Yamaha but we didn’t go this year. The weather has been brilliant but there was so much else to do. I have odd years like this, I expect next year will be different. Don’t sell keep it.

9. I used to do a few track days where I would ride to the track, enjoy the day, and ride home. It became that I was one of the very few who didn't arrive with van, tyre warmers, spare wheels, stands, etc, etc, etc. This got me pissed off with track days and I haven't done one for years - prefer touring. But have I got it wrong? I thought that it was just wannabe racers too scared to take the plunge and go racing. Is it more that many bikers are fed up with road riding mainly due to speed guns/cameras/ nazis together with twat drivers. Modern big bikes are difficult to ride within the speed limit (or anywhere near), so is the track day culture more about not enjoying the roads but enjoying your bike in an environment where you can really use its power? I think that I have been too quick to judge and maybe I should do a track day!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Just got back from a 5 day trip to Belgium and France, took the R1 as the current on road Ducati has no lights and a failing rear hub cush drive assy. Had a fantastic time, first riding on the continent too (apart from cars) and I've been biking since 1980 @ 16 yrs old.
    I'm out most weekends through the summer even though life it way too busy at the moment, never lost my love for riding - funny really reading this thread as most on here saying they hardly ride slate me for never riding mine :eek:

Keep the love people, regret is a terrible thing, but if you now truly don't enjoy it, find something you do enjoy :yum

11. I had pretty bad accident in my twenties and bowed to family pressure, and if I'm honest it shook me up a bit and I stopped riding, I didn't have a road bike for 15 years but still loved anything and everything bike related and kept my hand in with a few off road bikes. Then 20 years ago I finally got myself back on the road and haven't looked back since. Even being t-boned off my MT09 by a few years ago didn't put me off and now I average 10,000 miles a year and love every second. As long as I can swing my increasingly creaky leg over a bike I will continue riding. Once it's in your blood, it's there for life - even if you lose your mojo for a while! To the original poster - keep it, even if for now you only look at it. That urge will probably return.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Most people use track bikes a) because they can afford a second bike, b) it doenst matter as much if its destroyed and c) coz their mates have ;)

13. You can do "road bike only" days where you can't use tyre warmers and they prefer you to ride to track.

14. To OP:- could always consider putting into long term or self storage some distance from where you live - maybe not having it readily available will make your mind up for you?

Don’t know what you got til it’s gone (might be song in there I reckon).

15. What about doing some green lanes? The crappier the weather the more fun we seem to have. See some great countryside and laughing at your mates falling off at slow speeds and mostly not hurting themselves. Priceless. Bikes are cheap(ish), easy to repair and you can ride locally or hire a van and head out somewhere else in the country for quite low cost but fun weekends.

First pic. took ages to get out and managed to get my mate shit high as I accidentally pinned the throttle open! Hahaha.

Second pic, hired some Africa twins in wales. Good fun but had more fun another time when we took the huskies and hired s local guide.

3FE7B575-0568-40A4-BEC3-4A95922F0A7C.jpeg

7695A149-2D3E-4288-8B7E-124F0593177D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  16. I reckon some wheels would look good and help to make the bike go loads faster. :D
    Best mod you can make.[/QUOTE]
    Against A lot of the championship rules though, and I’m trying to keep roughly to trioptions spec.

17. Again, not allowed in most rules. They don’t even let you change M/C, so that will be coming back off (maybe!).

18. Really?! They used to, must be a change in last couple of years.

19. I`ve noticed some of the posters on here saying they have nobody to ride with. I remember years ago driving through Dunstable, bit of a shit hole to those that dont know the place. Anyway , a bike went by in the other direction with a blow up doll strapped to the pillion seat. There you go, problem solved. Unless of course you are the type that wants to talk after you have dismounted. Don`t know why cant you just have a smoke and fall asleep though ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Preping for respray of track bike. Plenty of non-riding enjoyment to be had.
    1538670474639418083555136694053.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information