1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Low Fuel Light

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Beef, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Hi guys, my fuel gauge has just started the dance of death, 1 min full, next half full then back to full!
    I know this has been discussed and there’s new sender units, what I was wondering was whether the low light works as normal or does it take advice from sender unit so will also be full of shit?

2. Yep it takes it from the sender unit, new versions of the fuel gauge £68 plus £30 up grade software.

• Like Like x 1
  3. So it’s not a fit at home job then?

4. the gauge is but the new software is dealer only.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Twin spark on you dont need software .

6. Mine has two plugs - does that count? :laughing:

7. I always rely upon my mileage counters, my bike does need a new sender as it ran out showing 20miles fuel range. Or it hadn't even got into the red-bar zone. Zero my counters everytime I fill up'

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mine went wonky showing wrong level then the low light alternatively flashing. I only trusted the trip 1. On dvt there was no software upgrade, just installed the sender F model. They did mention on instructions a software update for earlier models but I am not sure the cutoff.

9. As long as you feel happy taking petrol tank off. It's easy. Just screw one out screw new one in.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information