1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lowering the 2013 Hypermotard SP

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by davestephens, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Ha.....easy mistake lol

DMC any good?

2. Dunno.......I go I Ducati Manchester and I find them very helpful now, after my initial problems with them when I bought my bike. :smile:

3. Done 220 miles on the SP now and I love it, only issue I have is that when on a run at constant RPM (say 5000) all nice and steady the engine hunts slightly like its running to lean, which I doubt being FI etc. at first I thought it was just the very sensitive ride by wire throttle picking up every vibration in my hand but I locked my thumb across the grip and the bars so the throttle could not move and it still does it? Would be nice to find out if yours does it? That way I will know if I need to get it sorted or just ignore it!

dave

4. Ducati are apparently setting their bikes lean at the revs the environmental testing is done at. Certainly the Streetfighter 848 feels this way and many people have reported the same with the Panigale. An ECU remap can fix this and often give you gobs more power. When you purchase an after market exhaust it often comes with an ECU remap. It's my suspicion the remap which richens up the mid range contributes more to the increased power than the aftermarket exhaust.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes have had similar but I feel at lower revs more 4000 or a little below,

6. I agree, I have ridden it some more and at 3-4k and on a very slight down hill it's much worse, I'm going to get them to look at it as its very annoying and spoils what is an almost perfect toy

7. ok dave, let me know any outcome mate. I am out of the UK for the next 4 weeks so I will take it in hopefully with some detailed info you may have learned...

8. The dealer was aware and has seen it on other bikes when first released and says Ducati will proobably bring out a re-map to cure it.

450 miles now and have both a big smile and a backache!!

Dave

9. dave, backache noted must be getting old maybe need a support of some sort LOL

10. Took it to Brands Hatch with a Mate who has a Hyper also. brilliant fun, especially overtaking the sports bikes round the outside!! they were a bit miffed!! LOL a guy on a ZX10 tried to keep up round duids and threw it into the kitty litter

Dave

DSC_3401_Druids.jpg DSC_3462_Druids.jpg DSC_3499_Druids.jpg DSC_3612_Druids.jpg DSC_4107_Clarke Curve.jpg DSC_4109_Clarke Curve.jpg DSC_4251_Clarke Curve.jpg DSC_4289_Clarke Curve.jpg DSC_4297_Clarke Curve.jpg

DSC_3401_Druids.jpg

DSC_3462_Druids.jpg

DSC_3499_Druids.jpg

DSC_3612_Druids.jpg

DSC_4107_Clarke Curve.jpg

DSC_4109_Clarke Curve.jpg

DSC_4251_Clarke Curve.jpg

DSC_4289_Clarke Curve.jpg

DSC_4297_Clarke Curve.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. dave that's awesome mate I really do need to get to Oulton, my nearest track, fantastic stuff....looks great

12. Very clear shots!

13. Ive got a test ride booked next week on the SP, but think it will be too tall for my 5.6 frame. I've put a deposit on the Hyperstrada subject to the SP ride. The Strada with lower seat comes in at 830mm with an option of special order you can get 810mm.
    Really want the SP but also want to fit the bike.

14. I'm only 5-7 on a good day, and with the lower seat and lowers suspension I do still struggle, I got on it the other day in full (new and tight) leathers/boots etc and whilst sitting on it I attempted to flick the stand up but it hit the ground and it started to go rirght and I was not in the right position to stop it and had to lay it down :0 luckily it just marked the hand guard and no other damage but it was a tad embarrassing!!

15. My 996 seat height is 790mm and i did the same thing, dropped it to the right. (very embarrassing)
    a jogger who happened to be near had to help me pick it up. I deffo think the strada with lower seat will be for me.

16. I slung my leg over my 748 after just filling up and the bike went over but luckily for me I held me and the bike up by pushing off the pump.
    I'm sure it would have made the you tube rounds for epic fails

17. Had a test ride last Friday on the Strada with lower seat, I still struggled at lights and stopping, had to stand on the footpeg whilst it was on the side stand to get on and off. I didn't even attempt to sit on the SP as I couldn't sit on the standard motard.
    Anyway upshot is i've ordered the special low version and will fit lower seat too if required, just got to wait for delivery now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. welcome mentalist, i don't think you will be disappointed....being away from home for a month has meant I have only done 300 miles from new....but every mile has made me grin, the SP is fab.

I am considering the low seat option, the ride height is doable but I do worry that when the wife is on the chances of a misplaced foot (it is a little stretch for me) nay increase. Solo I can do fine without concerns but seriously looking at getting the lower seat fitted now.

Great bike, even though it's a little early to blow its trumpet!!!

19. Unusual user name, i live just off a street called the spoinkop.
    Do you work offshore??

20. Really love my new Hypermotard 821 (coming from a 1962 Triumph Daytona 500). I am 5'10" and cant get used to having just one foot down at a stoplight. My local Ducati dealer quoted me $2500+ to convert to the lower Japanese mono shock suspension. Too many $$$ for me to justify. My solution was to order 4" height rising boots from Increasing Shoes.com. For less than $150 I am now 6'2" tall (that was pretty cool too) but more importantly I can get both feet flat on the ground at a stop. Lot's of styles to choose from too. Elevator Shoes | Increase Height | Lift - IncreasingShoes.com grow taller get taller

Do Not Sell My Personal Information