1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lowering the 2013 Hypermotard SP

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by davestephens, Apr 17, 2013.

1. That made me smile but a neat idea for the vertically challenged and without ruining the look of the bike:)

2. hyper 2.jpg
    couldn't fit on the 'sp' either so i purchased a red one, put on lower seat and sprayed it up!! the up map that comes with the termig pipe makes it even more fun than the standard 'sp'!!

hyper.jpg

hyper 2.jpg

3. So you could gain a couple of inches by wearing a larger sized boot over your normal sized boots. Might give that a try :wink:

4. Dave, I'm 5'10" and my Ducati dealer also said I would get used to riding with only 1 foot down. Love my 2013 Hypermotard ... so much fun to ride. I never got used to riding with just one foot down though. I had KFC Racing replace the rear mono shock to lower the seat height from 34" to 32" and also moved the front forks up in the crowns by 1 inch. Also changed the oil from 5wt to 7wt in the forks and now it doesnt dive so badly when grabbing the front brake. At first glance you can not even tell I lowered the bike and I now can put both feet down flat on the ground at a stop light. SO MUCH BETTER!

5. How did you raise the rearsets? My pegs were hitting the ground on corners as it was. Whatch it don't dig in and throw you off!

6. I've heard of them - they're good. Finger lickin good :D

I'll get my coat

7. Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I dont lean over as far as you do. The new Monster 1200 is a 32" seat height. I couldnt get the pegs to dig in on the new Monster 1200 ... that was the test ride that made me decide on 32" for my Hypermotard.

8. I am 5'9" and could not get used to the tip toe scenario on my SP. I tried a lower seat but that was not enough for me. I had KFG/GP Suspension in Seattle replace the mono shock with a Penske short shock which dropped the seat height from 34" to almost 32". Both feet flat on the ground now, Yey! I also replaced the seat with the more comfortable "contoured" HyperStrada seat. Amazing. I really didn't like the stock front fork suspension from day one. Very excessive "soft compression" was 6"-8" when grabbing the front brake.. KFG/GP Suspension reworked the front forks and added "real" compression valving. Huge difference. In my opinion, the SP should come this way from the factory!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Did u ride a scrambler? Nah man u should be able to find an easy way to take it down couple notches

10. It's an old thread but interesting I love those bikes and I'm a dwarfe

11. If anyone is interested, I'll have a full suspension set from a 2016 939 Hyper for sale soon, as I have the factory lowered set on mine at the moment, and it's too low for me. Immaculate condition, front and rear remote adjuster shock.

Cheers

Tobin

Do Not Sell My Personal Information