1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Lucky Escape

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Multi Andy, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Hi folks,
    Has anyone had an oil filler cap come off? Lucky i noticed it before i lost too much oil. Mystery as to how it came off, I know they are vibey but blimey. The cap was deffo on the bike as i took a picture of the bike before riding and I can see it. So does anyone know the part number for a new one? Also while cleaning the bike up I noticed a threaded hole behind the brake cylinder looks like there should be a bolt or something in there but its just a threaded hole! Maybe its for something of an aftermarket nature but in someone can elaborate before something goes bang that would be great.
    Thanks in advance :)
    UPDATE.. I found the part number for the filler cap. :)

20210402_185102.jpg

2. Is this a late April fools or is it the wrong picture?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. No mate. Lost oil filler cap and threaded hole behind the brake slave cylinder. My question is what, if anything should be in the hole.. and has anyone suffered a lost oil filler cap or a filler cap that has worked its way loose?

4. Could you provide another more broader photo?
    [​IMG]

5. I don't think the threaded hole is used while the engine is in the bike, certainly mine is the same, could well be for fixing a cradle to for engine repair out of the frame :thinkingface:.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Right, wondered as there isn’t any filler cap area in that shot! Don’t think anything is missing but don’t have multi any more, sure someone else could have a look. Probably something for bike build stages

7. Maybe it is where you can bolt on a "red" powerband for the track?

8. Those holes are for spinning the thing whilst its been built..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The pressing plant will remain nameless even though I don't work there now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. This has atleast stubbornly made me download/store my phone photos. If the holes are pissing you off go too a fastener shop & ask for short length bolts with the head of your choosing. Tomorrow I will do my several months worth of backup data as its been a few months.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ps: It's just a bit of fun!

#9 GunZenBomZ, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  10. Thanks for your reply's folks. I figured the hole wasn't relevant but just thought it better to ask. Would have been nice to have a blanking plug in there of some description.

11. Posts 12 huge completely unrelated images : unamused:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Oh come on! Knowing how to safely manoeuvre around a working forklift could come in handy, and even save your life!

13. I will dedicate the 12th posted photo to you @TaskMule & the final one to bygone friends.

#13 GunZenBomZ, Apr 3, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information