1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Luggage Other Than Kriega

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Veetoo, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Anyone using any luggage on a V2 other than Kriega?

I've got various Kriega bags from previous bikes and bought the Kriega fitting kit for the V4 which is supposed to also fit the V2 but not happy with the fit and struggled to get the seat on with in on.

I know I can just run straps under the seat but not keen on that in case I dont lock the seat down one day.

I'd prefer an option which straps the seat down rather than relying on the seat being down to hold it in place.

2. I've used this Jofama unit over the rear seat on a number of foreign trips. Rear straps connected to the rear number plat hanger, front straps to the front footrest holders. 42 litres so plenty big enough. Seemed fine and stable at over 120mph. i used plenty of non slip webbing to stop it marking the seat unit
    [​IMG]

Not a great picture but you get the gist

[​IMG]

#2 PeteKeys, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Get yourself a Ventura rack system, best way to carry luggage, nothing touches the bike so you won’t scratch the bodywork

15384B51-3E53-4543-95EB-692083C3EF04.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bought these from this here parish in readiness for Forum gathering in Wales that C-19 scuppered. So not used yet but happy with size & fitment.
    SW Motech Blaze panniers.

FAB10832-3263-48B9-A43A-BF7F1370C85D.jpeg

2D7DF7B6-64C5-41A7-82ED-505EA6EA21B8.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Have you got some picsof the v4 kit installed?
    I had no issues with mine regarding the seat etc.

6. No I haven't and have taken it off now.

I'm not knocking Kriega at all, it's great kit and I've got all of the dry bags but on the V2 they are very limited in how they can fit the straps.

I found the strap at the back wouldnt sit straight as shown in the fitting instructions here

K.png

And once the front straps were on too the seat was quite hard to slide on and off. Just dont like the fit.

I was also worried about so much pressure on the seat - had visions of it flying off at speed.

Kriega definitely isn't the way I want to go on the V2.

K.png

7. That looks bloody brilliant, and great to know someone has actually used it. Question, the front straps connect to the footrest holders, is that Pillion or rider?
    My 1198 doesn't have pillion, wondering if you can see this working ?
    Thank you so much in advance, I'm trying to work out an easy system to pop over to Germany to Nurburgring for a long weekend.

8. Hi
    I don't have pillion pegs either so the front straps I attach 1 of two ways

1) to the rider footrest brackets
    or
    2) to the bolts that hold the rear heat shields in place
    The ends have loops so thread the ends through the gap, put through loop and back to bag
    (difficult to explain but could add a photo sometime)

I was worried that in 2) above, it might melt the straps - but its been fine.

9. Be great to see a photo

10. Tried to but Ventura dont make one for the V2 yet

11. Unless you desperately need to put luggage on it now, I would hang on till Ventura bring a sports rack out for it, best solution imo

12. Amazing and thank you for the feedback.

I'm going to order mine up before theres a Ducati Forum flood.

Brilliant, can't wait to have a go with them.

Thanks again

Craig

13. Still hoping Ventura bring one out for the V2.

I'm intrigued as to how they fit. If you get a chance can you share some photos showing how it fits underneath.

14. It’s not on the bike now, basically it hooks up to the mounting holes where the pillion pegs used to be.
    I’ll dig the brackets out tomorrow and lay them on the floor to take some pictures

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thank you

16. Veetoo,

Here you go

B60552F4-6AA4-4113-ACC2-2F2F6559E229.jpeg

I got the shorter sports rack so I can bungee any waterproof bag onto it, I put the pillion seat on the bike when I use the rack, the grey foam padding you see on the rack almost touches the seat, so when you go over a bump the rack is supported by the seat.
    I wouldn’t use it with the seat cowl as it may “tap” on the top of the seat cowl and mark it

0B55EB0E-21CE-4518-BFC2-493D5B94ED93.jpeg

These mounting holes match up with the screw holes where the pillion pegs came off

A0B0F8B0-5564-40C2-B08C-75671B5DE363.jpeg

Rear mounting hole on left hand side, front mounting hole is just above the carbon fibre heatshield, it’s a bit fiddly to get this one in as the Allen key has to go through a hole in the heatshield.
    Once you get to your destination, you can take the rear sports rack off and just leave the side bars on the bike, but sometimes the rack is handy to bungee waterproofs or whatever to.
    Hope this helps

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thanks Poucher

18. Hi,

do these touch the side of the tail fairing ?

im planning on going away and ‘doing’ Europe on the gixxer and looking for some solutions (bloody sold all my kriega)

19. Yes they do. Unless you protect the sides of the tail unit then they will rub the plastic. I have venture shield on my tail and put some non slip mesh between back of pannier and tail unit too.
    I sold all my Kreiga stuff I used on my K4 Gixer too; Doh.

F15C0790-9BE1-4C2E-872E-07935952FD2B.jpeg

#20 Biot, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information