1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M.o.t Failure

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cupid Stunt, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Then why are you even bothering...

2. +1

3. So, do we need to re-fit our pillion pegs or not? And do we have to fit both pegs?

I only ask because I had a mate with one leg and he found the presence of both pillion pegs offensive to his people. I tried to argue that the redundant peg helped compensate for the unbalanced weight distribution resulting from his circumstances but at that point he got angry and threw the MOT tester argument at me and now I'm confused.

Any advice (which you would be prepared to give in the presence of your mum) gratefully received.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yes, an interesting moral dilemma.

In a similar MOT type way, should we not be removing the decibel killers or baffles from our bikes so Deaf people can also enjoy the sound of them too?

Nasher

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Would the removal of the baffles help DEAF people gain hearing then? :thinkingface: Surely they would still hear nothing, but your bike would be louder. ;)

6. No, but they would Feel them more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. No choice with my monster. You can't remove the rear pegs.

8. Still not clear what's the problem ?
    If you have the seat or pegs , fit them . If not buy them and fit ...

Then remove and keep for possible refit next year ...

along with number plate , end can ,lighting , tailtidy, clear visor(jk) , mirrors and whatever else you've removed/ replaced and is needed once a year for the MOT

• Like Like x 1
  9. Glad this is still running....
    My recently departed father told me about the time his Brough Superior plus sidecar failed its MOT because of the brakes (apparently they stick it at an angle and if if doesn't hold then a fail - do they still do that?)
    Anyway he took it home, removed said sidecar, took it back and it passed, took it home and refitted the sidecar.
    I suggested this might be missing the point of the MOT somewhat......

10. You've obviously never fitted or removed the rear pegs on a Streetfighter. The are such a pig, it would probably take 6 months to fit them and the other 6 months to remove them. o_O I swear they are the 1st thing fitted at the factory and everything else is bolted around them. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Other option is to install a hot companion on the rear seat, leave the pegs in situ and enjoy life.

Works for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Gosh, takes seconds on a 999 - two Allen bolts threaded into the frame...

13. The 848/1098/1198 is a 5min job too. Funny enough they failed my 848 no db killers so I took them in they then passed it with an advisory as after market cans fitted

14. Not so easy when the captive bolt on one side breaks loose : o (

15. Took a few minutes - maximum 10; to fit or remove them from my SS with purpose made high level zorst hangers.

fitted.jpg

fitted not.jpg

16. Nice to see there's some consistency here... My 1198 had its MoT a few weeks ago - Termis, no db-killers, passed no problem.

17. It's mental no consistency due to each tester interpreting the rules differently.

18. Or friendly testers and unfriendly testers :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Deaf is a matter of degree; He meant blind people ok; in advanced stage decrepitude, (eyesights gone as well) and we dont want to run anybody over?? Trying to protect pedestrians is all, me too, we are good guys

20. competent or incompetent you mean?.
    about 90% of an MOT is opinion. whats excessive play,corrosion or wear? no special tools for assessing that bar a depth gauge. whats excessive noise? no DB test machine at an MOT station.
    some things are straight forward decisions tho. you know, things like rear foot pegs and shit like that.
    teehee.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information