1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M900 New Footpegs?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Mark9, Jun 11, 2019.

1. The rubber has worn down to the aluminium foot peg on my 1996 monster, does anyone have a set in good condition for sale or know where I can get replacements at a sub Ducati dealer price? , thanks Mark.

2. Or just cut the rest of the rubber away. The bare aluminium casting was the standard footrest.

3. Thanks darkness, the alloy peg underneath is partially exposed (looks the same as the bare alloy ones on my Scrambler) so definitely an option but I’d like to stay with rubber if I can get some.

4. Rider and pillion pegs are the same on M900, just different springs so pillion can stay up. Handed though, so left and right sides won’t swap.

How about these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-f...747923?hash=item25ed489913:g:0QIAAOSwUHRck94W

Have you checked the price new from MotoRapido: ask Craig for discount?

5. will confirm next time I look, I could be wrong but I don't believe pillion to rider pegs are a straight swap.

EDIT Just looked, you can use pillion as a rider peg, but not visa-versa. Pillion has an internal spring with ball-bearing detent. :upyeah:

#6 Chris, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  6. What are you looking at Chris?

My M900 has ally pegs and it’s the same part number for front and back. You fit the pillion peg with two half moon plates, a spring and two ball bearings but they are all loose parts - very easy to lose the balls! Front just has hairpin spring, but is same casting.

#7 Darkness, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  7. Just checked Stein Dinse and front and back are same part number for rubber too.

Right 46410171A
    Left. 46410181A

Looking at price on Stein Dinse I would check Moto Rapido price too.

8. my M900. Maybe on later bikes they commonised the rider/pillion peg so detent spring facility (pillion) redundant when fitted in rider position.

looking at two pegs on Ebay, dual holes can be seen on both.. I should have looked.

9. Thanks all, (I had looked quickly the other day and thought they were different), I’ll use the pillion pegs then, I never take passengers so it’s a cheap fix, cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Best solution! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Just to confirm the rears do fit the front and the fronts do fit the rear, just swap the springs and ball bearings, thanks for the help, always nice when a job costs nowt!

• Like Like x 1
  12. I would like to know what the OEM finish is the original pegs and hangers are as mine are little rough?
    Is it painted, coated, plated?

13. Anodised I think, but a spray over with a similar shade of silver paint will look fine, car wheel silver spray cans work well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cerakote works well (Provided you don’t have the rubber covered foot pegs).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks @Mark9 I have heard the same. Do you believe spray cans are durable enough?

16. I was planning on Cerakoting them also but I have read that the process is extremely expensive.

17. You could have them powder coated that’s durable, but spray cans are ok in as much as if it scratches or wears off you can easily do it again.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information