1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M9rr

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by James85, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Interesting how you have got on. I did see the Michael Rutter vid when he did a lap of the TT with stock M7RRs on a GSXR - incredible !

I had the original Roadtec 01 on my MT-10 SP, briefly before selling it. Very flat profile I remember.

Maybe the newer 01 SE version would be better choice for my Monster than the M9RR......

upload_2021-5-21_20-4-57.png

2. @Mattie821, ridden in most weathers now and very impressed with the tyre. Played a bit with the pressure in the front and gone up 0.1/0.2 bar on a base 2.5bar. Seriously considering not using my spare wheels with the M9RR which frankly, underwhelmed me compared to the M7RR. The bike is an absolute hoot. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. @Android853sp Ah well, probably will not bother with the M9 then. Do a few more miles on the OE Rosso III and then likely get the Roadtec 01 SE version put on.

4. .........or, on second thoughts, get a set of the M9 RRs.........

............M9 duly ordered ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Put a set on the multi today , no chance to get out on them , though my tyre fitter says he fits more of these than almost anything else nowadays, and has them on his own bikes. Told me to run them at 36/39 psi rather than stock 36/42. Will report back when I have had a good ride out on them

6. when i posted this about my M7rr i suspected they needed replacing, i hadn't bothered as the last two years "covid" i haven't done many miles so have waited for it to end,
    I have 2mm left to the depth mark and done around 5k miles and dated 23-15 which i think means June 2015 so now 6 years old, last year i could fill the rear moving around bit,

Ive just had a look and can feel with my finger nail two slight lips in the middle and about 2 inchs wide curious as to what might have caused them is it just wear and tear,

Also as the post was a year ago any updates on the newer Mr99

E7BD1C81-B0E6-47A6-89D8-C4DA18228BD9.jpeg

7. I cannot remember if the M7RR is dual compound or not. If it is, that might explain the 2” wide strip. The transition from hard to soft. I didn’t stick with the M9RR as the performance of the Roadtec 01SE blew me away …… and my second set of wheels are now fitted on my new track bike with Supercorsa SC’s. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I've just changed to a set of M9's after multiple sets of S22's which gave great feedback but didn't last too long ( cheap though)
    I like the profile of the M7's-9s more than the roadtecs , early days yet , its sunny from today so will get a few miles on them this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  9. They are dual compound. Very good tyres, wet, dry or damp. Very predictable.
    Tempted to try the M9rr on the GS, they do a 19" that fits the front.

10. M9rr is the best tyre I have ridden on for road use.

• Agree Agree x 1

11. Had a good go on mine today , they are great , proper grippy too for what they are

12. They do a 120/70/19, new for 2021. Andy

13. What sort of prices are you all paying for a pair.

14. Two Tyres are currently doing a deal, just under £270 the pair (120/70 & 190/55). Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Just ordered a set today

16. What pressures are you running on the- m 9 _

17. Go by the manufacturers and recommended settings. They know best.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information