1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macau Gp - November 2018

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Pete1950, Oct 30, 2018.

1. I'm going, should be a good do as long as everyone rides safely.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Be interesting to see how Phil Crowe does in that company. He's been riding really well lately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. If anyone knows any means to get paddock access at Macau I would be very grateful for tips.

4. Am I right in thinking that macau isn't great for spectators or did I dream it??

5. You’re right. The authorities like you in the stands in seats, otherwise you’re a nuisance.

6. I have no interest in Macau, bikes play 2nd fiddle to the car racing , the circuit isn’t built with safety for bikes and riders in mind at all , the authorities glamourise death , the marshalls aren’t trained to the standard they should be , there’s no delay on live streaming , the red flags should be as the TT where you pull over immediately leaving the curcuit free for emergency vehicles and medical crews to work on injured straight away and also so the riders don’t have to ride past an injured or worse rider in the track

• Love You Love You x 1
  7. Last year wasn't good at all. :broken_heart:

Very bad in fact and they didn't deal with either car or bike incidents in a sensitive or professional way, cannot disagree. The real-time coverage of Macau 2017 gives me a bad feeling about all the talk of live streaming the TT... at least a delay is needed.

I sincerely hope that for this year lessons were learned, and changes made. The event needs to go off safely and smoothly.

8. I'm not sure anything has changed , I told the paddock Co-ordinator what i thought and he didn't think things would change , I had 10 years as a mechanic for a young rider and when things didn't go his way I bought him a bike and we went on to do some amazing things on the budget we had , we won the TT Privateers cup together in 2016 amongst other things and to watch him die live on TV was tough.. that young rider was Dan Hegarty , my best mate

• Love You Love You x 2
  9. That's very hard to read. As you know, I was a fan of Dan and for you to go through that... I have no response, only respect for the achievements you made together. It's been an awful year for racing. :(

10. Does anyone know where the race is going to be broadcast. Motors tv has disappeared from sky and seems to be online subscription only.

11. The cars are on eurosport1 6pm sat and Sunday but no bikes mentioned. Mcpint on bewiser V2 and there’s a V4 racing as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DCB9867D-8643-40C6-B1CA-BB333B0DB91F.png Race is 7.55am U.K. time.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Back now, enjoyed it but some of the organisation is a mess. The F3 crash was a shocker, as was the 911 in the GT race. Andy Dudgeon, Raul Torras gave us a fright (get well soon both), as did Phil Crowe and Ben Wiles in the race (again, speedy recoveries wished to both).

Rutter's Honda sounded epic!

14. It’s on tv tonight at 2100hrs.
    ITV4 plus one.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Just watched it thanks,and was a two horse race,brave boys with all that armico/metal:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information