1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magnesium/carbon? Single Sided Swing-arm

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by CAT3, Oct 14, 2020.

1. A mate of mine is building a flat tracker style special using an air cooled 900SS engine as a base. Ideally he wanted to use a magnesium single sided swing-arm, but when he tried to buy one Febur had none left & no plans to cast any more.

So, we were wondering if anybody on here has one, (or even a carbon one if there is such a thing) that they might like to sell please ?

He has a "standard" aluminium single-sided arm that he got very cheap, just as a template really to try his concept, but really wants a magnesium version or if there is such a thing as a carbon version that might be of interest to him.
    He knows that his current crankcases would need to be machined down to fit these single sided swing-arms & he has the facilities/capabilities to do this so that will not be a problem.

Hopefully someone will be able to help out & I will pass on anyone's details to him or act as a go-between if you should prefer that. Thank you.

2. @Mary Hinge has a Carbon one for sale of his 1098R if any good :thinkingface:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Do you know what the carbon version looks like, physically ? Is it the same shape as the "standard" aluminium single sided arms ?
    I've had a look on the web for pictures, but they don't seem that clear.

4. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I spoke to my mate earlier & these carbon arms are sadly not really suitable for what he wants to build because the suspension unit mounts higher up & in a different position to the "916" version arms. More "lay-down" than the more "vertical" style of a 916/996/998.

Basically he wants the rear suspension unit to be mounted vertically, (or close to vertically) & to one side in the same way as the arrangement on a 916, 996 & 998's do.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information