1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Major Service Cost?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Kirky, Dec 23, 2017.

1. It's DWR (Dave Woods Racing). I rated him, I went round Scotland straight after the service and it was all good. But there were a couple of little things that weren't done to the standard that I really wanted but I saved a lot of money so its a trade off.

#22 michel couque, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  3. image.jpeg There's more to the 15k service than "valves and belts" so be sure you're getting like for like quotes and that the full schedule is being followed. The chassis gets quite a going over as well as the motor.
    The rear hub should be stripped out of the arm and cleaned, and also the greasing of the rear hub bearings has been added into the original schedule. Standard hours for job were increased slightly to allow for this. It's seven or eight hours iirc now. I allow 2 days bench time in truth.
    I've had a few bikes turning up with seized hubs, unable to adjust the chain tension that had "recently" had the big service, but at a 'good price'....

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Would it be fair to presume this added work at the 15,000/18,000 valve service doesn't affect bikes with twin-sided swinging arms, such as Multistrada Enduro & the 950?

5. Correct fella. It's 18k on the DVT and 950, but the rear hub work still applies to anything with a SSSA.

6. Thank you for this advice. I had a call from Geoff Baines today to let me know that my hub was seized and bearings needed replacing so despite the added cost, I am very glad this will be rectified. My bike is unused over winter and I thought it wouldn't be an issue on mine!
    definitely recommend you get your Multistrada checked over and rear hub cleaned/inspected every 15k.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Personally had a poor experience with DWR, happy to PM anyone who wants a very long opinion.

Very annoying as very local to me so was hoping to build up a good relationship with a local independant but I won't be going back.

#27 Cream_Revenge, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  8. Just had my 15K service done with reduced winter labour rates. Bought all the parts myself and agreed to have belts done, valve clearances checked and I would do the rest which including building the bike back up. Valves didn't need any adjustment so the whole lot has come in at less that £500. Dropped bike off in the van and picked it up with bodywork and tank off. I'm working my way through the rest on the odd evening, plugs, filters, stripping, cleaning, greasing, radiator off, resprayed etc. Rear hub and bleeding the back calliper again next. Quite enjoyed it. Better than watching fuckin celebrity big brother.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ended up using Baines Racing and the final bill was £1138 but that included new rear hub/bearings, new fuel sender, shims, filters, new coolant and the regular 15k service items.

I will write a new thread about the rear hub.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I’ve a 2016s with 3800 miles and my son a 797 with 600 and I’ve set up a standing order of £75 a month with the dealer to soften the blow of our Ferrari service costs!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information