1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man Cave Is Go!

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Topolino, Apr 17, 2020.

1. That flooring looks the absolute bollocks! Do you mind me asking where you got it from?

2. It's from a company called "Racedeck" in the US. About 80% of the floor is over eight years old and still as good as new. I had to order some additional tiles to cover the remaining area since this garage is much bigger than the one at the old house. Mercifully Racedeck now have a UK supplier (which will save on the crippling import duty I originally had to pay for the first batch years back). The cost of each tile is around £3.95 and each tile is 12" x 12". You should be able to work out how many you would need, inlcuding the ramp tiles which border those at the entrance, to allow for a smooth transition when you are moving/wheeling vehicles in and out of the garage. You can obviously mix and match to form whatever pattern you require. More info on the range and styles available here, plus an online design tool as well

https://racedeck.com

You can contact the UK supplier here: [email protected] . Ask for Jamie, very helpful guy. Incidentally he was short of a few tiles I needed so I made up the balance via the Dutch supplier whose email address is shown below.....

[email protected]. Ask for Yvonne, again very helfpul young lady.

Hope this helps....Topo

• Thanks Thanks x 1

3. Thanks

top man !

4. Just a question re the floor tiles.
    Are they glued together?
    Concerned if fuel or other flammable liquid gets spilt and seeps down between and under the tiles.

5. I have similar tiles down in the work shop and get a similar thing in summer when the sun hits them thru the open shutter. There's a decent expansion gap around the edges, but any point loads (bikes, cupboards, even stacks of boxes) negates any expansion ability. You're also basically asking the tiles to slide across the floor and the weight of the floor plus the stuff sat on it won't allow it. We've got used to it as there's not much we can do about physics..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Awesome work.
    I’m really excited to see the v4 build continue, is that sad?!

7. No they click together. Easily lifted if you have a large spillage and are concerned.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Not as excited as I am. Been waiting for what seems like an eternity but I'm finally on top of the bulk of other work around the house so can begin to concentrate my efforts on the bike

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looks great, I’ve got 1 eye on the market at the moment, having real trouble finding a garage with a house attached.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Just the skirting boards left to fit & paint then ?

Looking very nice though, bet you're happy to have your toy room back ? :joy::upyeah:

11. Yes skirting boards were delivered today but I'm in Blackpool for the next 12 days so they won't be fitted until I get back. Very excited to get the build project up and running again soon. Hopefully by late January I will be back on track. It's been a very long wait.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Finished all the skirting today. Two days in total to fit including the understairs cupboard. New oak doors delivered today. Hopefully they'll get fitted soon. Just a few more electrical mods to do, some led lighting and the garage is almost there. Had a major reorganisation as well and managed to get all my occasional tools and parts into the understairs cupboard so aside from a few small boxes the remaining space is now clear.

20210126_164304.jpg 20210125_185814.jpg 20210125_185712.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  13. Looks great. I wish I had that much room for my bikes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. These are brilliant - important to use a 10mm hss bit rather than masonry and non need for hammer action either...

• Like Like x 1
  15. More tech installed tonight. Fitted an additional WiFi switch for the downlighters in the garage. It works in conjunction with two other three way switches so I can turn on or off the lights manually from 2 conventional switch plates (one at the front and one at the rear of the garage) or just ask Alexa to do it or use my mobile, if I cant be arsed to press a switch or I forget to turn them off once back in the house. I can also set up schedules and combine it with IFTT, so they can be turned on/off by another event based trigger, such as a motion sensor.

20210217_195640.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oak doors are being fitted in early March as well as an NFC controlled smart door lock into the garage, that you can grant limited access to by others based on an expiry date/time, hour of the day, who they are etc. It's all future proofing in case we ever decide to let out the annexe above (AirBnb or similar), so that the garage is a distinct and separate part of the building, that is secured remotely from it, without impeding access to upstairs.

• Like Like x 3
  17. How had I missed this thread! this is awesome! great work, love it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Some creature comforts arrived yesterday. An hour or to remove the copious packaging and another to fit the legs and the garage is getting nearer to completion. Still work to do but I've broken the back of it.

20210218_214757.jpg 20210218_214645.jpg

• Like Like x 15

19. Casting couch

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Easy wipe couch that. Useful for all manor of garage spilso_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information