1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Map Sensor And Exhaust Valve Errors

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by camelfarmer, Jul 9, 2019.

1. My check engine light came on, so I went to Riders of Bristol yesterday, and they diagnosed a map sensor error and exhaust valve error.
    The bike rides perfectly and is all up to date with servicing etc.
    Riders quoted £682.50 to fix these. That sounds quite steep.

Anyone have any ideas how much it should cost?

I'll probably take it to Paul at PGperformance because he was great with my big service. Only issue is he is a couple of hours away, but I guess this is a quick enough job that I could wait while it's done.

2. Before you do anything, disconnect the positive lead from the battery for a minute or so, then connect it back, more than likely your engine warning light will be out then.

Give it a try before you part with loads of Wonga

My 899 threw a wobbler about a month ago in a pissy wet Scotland, left out in torrential rain overnight, started no problem in the morning, but I got about a mile down the road and the revs just dropped off!
    Bike would only tick over, but not rev, so I left it ticking over for 15 minutes or so to dry any moisture out....hey presto, throttle came back as normal!

Engine light was still on, so that’s when we did the battery trick, it was already booked in for it’s service the week after and the only warning code that came up was “ throttle position sensor “ no action required by the dealer, he just told me to give the ecu and other connections a good going over with water proof spray.
    Good luck :upyeah:

3. Had to do the MAP sensor on my 899, £70 stuck in my gullet! but took me less than an hour to do, exhaust valve most probably sticking so doesn't need replacing?

4. i wonder if you could get a map sensor error with a sticking exhaust valve? hmm.
    i also think the bike hasn't been getting used much if a toll lately going by a previous post.

5. Has the exhaust flapper been disconnected? If so it will always show a silent code only the dealer can see but not on the dash so that would be ok, so maybe just the map sensor which is quite common and you can change it.
    What Poucher said disconnect from the battery have a cup of tea see how it goes, if no just replace the sensor yourself.

6. Yeah it happened from just sitting around.
    I'm off on holiday soon, so I'll speak to Paul when I get back.
    Been riding a little more with this weather, so it's on the mend.

7. Does that mean you’ve tried the battery thing or not:thinkingface:???

Do Not Sell My Personal Information