1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Map Sensor - Error 0105

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Stavrich, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Multi 1200s 2013
    Just got the engine light on and the message "Errors - Engine ".
    Bike runs OK-ish , bit rough and I think petrol consumption seems to be too high.

Ran the jpDiag MelcoDiag and got 2 errors.
    0105 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Malfunction - Status : 61

1005 Sensore angolo volante {Fiat} - Status : 28

Your help please.
    1. What do these two errors mean
    2. If a MAP sensor has gone faulty , which one is it? - Horizontal or Vertical.
    3. Are they difficult to replace and where are they located.

[​IMG]
    Many thanks in advance

#1 Stavrich, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. Looks like the MAP sensor has gone. Dealer SW will identify which one, or you can for new one in either position and watch for error going off.
    Easy to do. Access is on LHS just under side panel.

3. 0105 = horizontal
    0106 = vertical

• Like Like x 1
  4. @chrisw , @nelly - Thanks guys - great info.

Too eager to get to the problem and took all panels off and removed the tank before reading your replies - wish I waited :(. Ah well .... its good practice :).

I will switch over the sensors and see if the error changes to 0106. If not....:sob:

Any idea of the other error 1005 Sensore angolo volante {Fiat} - Status : 28 .

5. P1005 also relates to a manifold pressure error so is likely to be linked to the MAP sensor (instead of steering wheel angle sensor)

6. @chrisw - Thanks - I think you are right.

Switched over sensors, erased errors and these are the new errors - 0106. Definitely the sensor is faulty

Will search for sensor tomorrow and order one

[​IMG] .

7. Quick update.
    Sensor replaced. Cost of sensor £72 . Labour £0. Other costs - £0.50 bandage after a sticking the screwdriver in finger .

• Like Like x 4
  8. Whenever you do a job on your bike, if you don't shed blood on it you weren't really committed.

9. Stavirch - good topic... my MTS light has been on for a few weeks now... was informed by Ducati Manchester it was the MAP sensor so i have ordered the same from them.... however i am still awaiting it to come in to be collected... Any chance you could give me a little more advise what to remove and the location of the sensor so i can change it myself.. cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information