1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marquez Raring To Go

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by HyperMac, Mar 9, 2021.

1. It was a great season , BUT it always felt like it was a bit of playtime before the boss got back.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. You have to be in it to win it and in the record books, the entry will say the 2020 MotoGP champion was Joan Mir riding a Suzuki. History rarely remembers the absolute detail. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. He was in it for round 1 and part of round 2 though, and ultimately it was all his own doing, that's how the cookie crumbled.

I'm not MM's biggest fan, by a long shot but I do admire his talent. Can he get back on and win? I'd say so. Will he be the dominant force he has been previously? I seriously doubt it, I think his arm is buggered personally, I think he's got nerve damage and that's what no one is mentioning. As and when he does return there are a few things to consider... his arm, him knowing he cannot take the risks he used to do, and I think we've now got some serious contenders ready to bang elbows with him - Fabio, Franco, Jack, Joan, Rins then you've got Zarco, Binder, Oliveira who will all be eager to take his scalp at the first opportunity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Come on, the season was entertaining. You never knew wtf was going to happen. You can only race what's on the grid with you.
    The best rider effectively removed himself from the grid. He lost, fair and square due to his own poor judgement.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. I am an unfit 58 year old with a waist that now matches some bus numbers. Anyway I had neck fusion surgery a couple of years ago, I still have nerve damage that will never get better than now. Does it affect my riding, yes it does, even though it’s very slight it about sensitivities, fine control of your digits and control of the arm now works, even though hardly noticeable, I cannot properly coordinate or grip properly to cut a roast finely etc. Doesn’t stop me doing anything etc etc but at that top top level, if he has a bit of what I now have I think it’s a game changer.

• Like Like x 2
  6. it wasn't a good season at all IMO , no one challenged the front guy and even when they did they went off the track (Austria). There were no Marquez/Dovi/Rins/Quatararo type finishes and riders were so inconsistant it was both funny and embarrassing. It was only a matter of time before Tito won one !!! I guess we will see the next 'world champ' rolling around in the sixth all season again and if its his turn, win one, just collecting the points as the others can't seem to string two races together. Marquez being out (yes it was his own fault before the haters get in) has highlighted this beautifully. 2020 = joke season.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. Absolute nonsense Gary. 2020 was chaotic and unpredictable. Every race was pure entertainment.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. So we have differing opinions doesn`t make it nonsense. 2020 was an embarrassment to teams and riders alike but better than nothing, just.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. I thought it was a pretty boring season. Sure there were loads of different winners and ridiculous inconsistency but there were almost zero close races really. At least with Marquez there you always seemed to have drama and lots of last lap/last corner battles. Last year it was mainly a case of random rider is miles faster this week but crap next week. The best race was the one where Marquez creamed himself

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marquez is the man to beat at this time in MotoGP history. Without him starting a race the race is somewhat diluted.

The 2020 championship trophy should have an asterisk with Marquez Injured engraved on it. And who won it btw? I honestly can’t remember!! Which is a reflection of the excitement factor.... :zzz:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Oi! Stop disagreeing with me! I’m always right!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Marquez running away with every title is not entertainment. I prefer Moto3 and 2020 was like Moto3 in every class. Madness. But if you follow MM, then perhaps you may have found it boring. I don't follow any rider in particular. I just like watching good racing and there was plenty in 2020.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Its officially......official !!!:upyeah:

He's had the green light from the docs!!
    20210410_082409.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  14. That'll certainly throw the cat among the pigeons.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. I'll be interested to see how he does. One more off and that may be it for him. I'd be interested to see if he still pushes the limit as much as he famously did.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. I wonder if he’s going to have some extra protection built into his suit to guard his arm because he’s definitely going to hit the deck again at some point.

F06E1796-C6AA-4B3F-A2DA-29ED0A6D3925.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. An 8" section of drainpipe should do the trick....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. In carbon fibre of course

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Do I think MM will be near the front of the pack at Portugal??

2F5CFDF8-C342-415B-B760-79596688CC26.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information