1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Master Cylinder

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by panigale66, Jul 10, 2017.

1. After battling with the standard 899 master cylinder I cannot seem to get their air out of the system what ever I have tried! So I am wondering should I try a 1199 master cylinder instead will this give me more brake power and do they suffer with the same issues as the 899? First pull on the break leave it is soft

2. You can always try the cable tie the lever trick. Nothing to lose..

3. Done that a few times never any air bubbles came out

4. How could you tell ??

5. Bleed at calipers then at master cylinder. Should take 15 minutes.

6. Wow, much quicker than the cable tie. That takes all night ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The cable tie thing is highly controversial and even those who claim it works have trouble explaining why it should.
    Best explanation Ive heard is the air getting absorbed into the fluid under sustained pressure, and then if you're lucky, releasing it again where it can escape when the pressure is removed

8. Done

• Like Like x 1
  9. 1199 is a different ratio so i wouldn't suggest it unless you're swapping for m50 callipers also

Do you have the abs blanked?

If not id suggest you do as the 899 abs system is a bag of shit.

It will take you 2 minutes to bleed new line up and the brake feel is much more reassuring.

Wont throw any faults.

If you need a hand I'm sure there are plenty of threads on here or if you're local to worcester ill show you or do it for you.

10. I had similar symptoms on my track bike, turned out to be a failed piston seal on the master cylinder.

11. I spent bleeding days trying to bleed mine before I realised there was a bleed nipple on the master cylinder too. The last bit of air was in there.

12. i've heard of this before but Brembo won't supply a repair Kit

13. KTM might

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aftermarket Brembo master cylinders can be repaired, I've just had one repaired. However, it has to be at an Brembo authorised dealer. One thing I'm not sure of is if the OEM Brembo MCs supplied to manufacturers are different from the aftermarket ones.

I used Parkitt Performance. Post the MC to them and they have a 24 hour turnaround. Give them a call and explain and they should be able to advise. https://www.parkittracing.co.uk/col...cylinder-servicing-repair?variant=42160239701

15. Cheers pal

16. Hey sorry to hi-jack but its a related question on Brembo spares, does anyone know where I can buy the spigot/union see pic
    This a 90 degree one but I want straight ones.
    IMG_4217.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. That's Brembo for you!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information